to

Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Work capability issues and ESA  →  Thread

DMG 26/12

Steve_h
forum member

Welfare Rights- AIW Health

Send message

Total Posts: 193

This is new guidance for decision makers.

It always bothers me that the people who issue this type of guidance are never accurate with the terminology they use.

Perhaps a DM who reads this site (or a higher up person can have a word)

Para 5 of this guidance gives a example of where an appeal is reinstated by HMCTS.

It refers to the TAS1, this form was abolished a few years ago and was replaced by an enquiry form

The difference with these forms are that the TAS1 (or information contained in one) had to be completed and returned by statute (my emphasis).
With the enquiry form there is no legal obligation for an appellant to complete or return it.

I know I am being a bit petty but they should get it right.

Paul Treloar
forum member

Head of Policy, LASA

Send message

Total Posts: 842

I wouldn’t say that its petty expecting DWP to be clear and correct, insofar as knowing what official forms and so on a claimant should be using when dealing with appeals etc. If they can’t get it right, how can advisers and claimants be expected to know what’s what?

Steve_h
forum member

Welfare Rights- AIW Health

Send message

Total Posts: 193

I wonder if Ken Clarke knows what forms to use when dealing with 1st Tier Tribunals
How can he say the process is clear and easy for the appellant to use when the DWP themselves are using outdated terminology