× Search rightsnet
Search options

Where

Benefit

Jurisdiction

Jurisdiction

From

to

Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Access to justice and advice sector issues  →  Thread

Is there an app for it?

SElahi
forum member

Private Sector Housing, Blackburn with Darwen BC

Send message

Total Posts: 41

Given that some 50% of adults in the UK have a smartphone and there are hundreds of thousands of apps with apps for almost everything, I have been wondering if there are any apps that might help in advice work or if anyone knows of anyone that may be working on developing apps for advice work.

Shabir

Paul Treloar
forum member

Head of Policy, LASA

Send message

Total Posts: 842

The only one that I have come across so far is for debt advice. Click on the link for more details. Sim at Bristol Debt Advice Centre can tell you more.

Debtology

Gareth Morgan
forum member

CEO, Ferret, Cardiff

Send message

Total Posts: 2004

Our benefits advice app that will work with most smartphones is in early testing.

Martin Williams
forum member

Welfare rights advisor - CPAG, London

Send message

Total Posts: 771

I can imagine my redundancy letter now “Unfortunately the organisation no longer requires welfare rights advisors as you have been replaced by an app”.

Will it write submissions Gareth?

(Actually I am quite looking forward to having a go when it comes out).

M

Gareth Morgan
forum member

CEO, Ferret, Cardiff

Send message

Total Posts: 2004

It will write perfectly drafted, elegantly argued and logically persuasive submissions which the DWP will ignore.

At one stage, for a short time, the DHSS in Cardiff were paying claimants on the basis of our printouts of entitlement… but that was a different country and the wench is dead.