to

Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Work capability issues and ESA  →  Thread

Atos and the paralympics.

benefitsadviser
forum member

Sunderland West Advice Project

Send message

Total Posts: 1003

I know its not friday but i thought i would shamelessly steal a letter sent to private eye in response to Atos IT and Medical services being awarded the sponsorship of the Paralympics.
” As the so called disabled arrive at the Paralympics, Atos will be able to assess them, inform them that they are not really disabled and therefore must now take part in the mainstream sports with everyone else. This will both enable considerable savings in the staging of the Paralympics and prove that the coalition is right in asserting that there are no disabled people out there, merely yet more undeserving claimants”

Made me chuckle anyway!

Stevegale
forum member

Torbay Disability Information Service, Torbay NHS Care Trust

Send message

Total Posts: 342

Bit of a coinicidence or possibly a PR agency hard a work!

Peter Turville
forum member

Welfare rights worker - Oxford Community Work Agency

Send message

Total Posts: 1659

Perhaps WRO’s should revive the art of ‘ambulance chasing’ at the Games armed with CDLA/179/2007 - “...the tribunal should avoid the error of the previous tribunal of assuming that the fact that the appelant plays ice hockey means that the claimant has no significant limitations. Even the briefest of thoughts about the Paralympic Games shows the error of such an assumption”.

Tom H
forum member

Newcastle Welfare Rights Service

Send message

Total Posts: 783

Yes, who would’ve believed it.  ATOS in a trial run (pardon the pun) found that Oscar Pestorius has had 2 real legs all along.  He fooled us through a clever use of holograms, apparently.
Breaking news….Atos finds Sir Jim’ll Fix It should be ready to consider a return to work in 3 months.

benefitsadviser
forum member

Sunderland West Advice Project

Send message

Total Posts: 1003

The guy who wrote it also mentioned he had just been taken off benefits. At least he has a sense of humour about it.