× Search rightsnet
Search options







Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Benefits for older people  →  Thread

Home responsibilities Protection for past years

CA Adviser
forum member

Citizens Advice Calderdale, West Yorkshire

Send message

Total Posts: 168

Joined: 27 September 2011

Cl has been in receipt of SRP and GPC for around a year. No other income or savings apart from PIP and she lives with son who is her carer. He has applied for Home Responsibilities Protection for past years on her behalf as he thinks she may have missed out on some SRP. Presumably if he is successful and she is awarded additional SRP, this will generate a overpayment of GPC. Would such an overpayment be recoverable as caused by administrative error?