Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Universal credit administration  →  Thread

Claim Closure ‘on review’

Andrew Dutton
forum member

Welfare rights service - Derbyshire County Council

Send message

Total Posts: 1966

Claimant complains:

Oct 23 - unable to access Journal (changed phone number) Called UC, promised a call back, (twice) - never received.

Jan 24 - gets further notice to attend to a To Do, but still can’t. No payment made.. Phones UC who say claim is suspended for not responding.

DWP say claim closed for not responding to ‘review team’.

I asked for a copy of the relevant decision.

Response:  The claim was closed as per our internal policy regarding failing to supply evidence for the review team. The only notification that would have been received is a message on her UC account

Claimant says she was never told about any review and has received no notification.

Internal policy….?

All thoughts welcome. Mine have ceased to flow.

UB40
forum member

Debt and Welfare Advice, Community Money Advice, Launceston

Send message

Total Posts: 209

They could have been a bit more explicit about ” internal policy “. But it probably refers to the annual review and the suspension of the UC account followed by complete closure after one calendar month. On closure she should have been notified of her right to appeal.
https://data.parliament.uk/DepositedPapers/Files/DEP2020-0646/09._Annual_verification_v5.0.pdf

Andrew Dutton
forum member

Welfare rights service - Derbyshire County Council

Send message

Total Posts: 1966

Many thanks.

Odd, but it’s the first time I’ve seen this ‘in action’. Claimant has again pointed out that they contacted DWP on several occasions, promised calls, no replies.
So we will see how this goes…..