to

Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Disability benefits  →  Thread

Electronic PIPs forms

Pete at CAB
forum member

Welfare Benefits Adviser’ for Citizens Advice Cornwall

Send message

Total Posts: 392

Has anyone any experience of what seems to be a new type of online PIPS claim form, Its not a PDF to write on but an interactive form with links to each activity.

This could be really helpful as we could use the form to deal with claims over the telephone more easily than we can now, the only problem is I can’t get it to work! My Cl has sent it to me as a PDF so none of the links are working, does anyone know how it is sent to the cl?

Daphne
Administrator

rightsnet writer / editor

Send message

Total Posts: 3549

It’s just available in certain postcode areas Pete - see https://www.rightsnet.org.uk/welfare-rights/news/item/online-apply-for-pip-service-now-live-in-selected-postcode-areas

You apply here - https://www.gov.uk/pip/how-to-claim#apply-online - and it will only let you in if you have the right postcode

Pete at CAB
forum member

Send message

Thanks Daphne, the cl has a TR postcode and , as you say, cannot apply online ( I tried and it was rejected). They have nevertheless been sent an electronic claim form! I dont know if it is any use at all, (assuming I can open the file in a way that will let me fill it in).

gcrow
forum member

Macmillan/Welfare benefits advisor - Alnwick CAB, Northumberland

Send message

Total Posts: 25

Our advisers love the ePIP form.  Our clients generally just need to ask for the electronic form when they call up but there have been times when they have still been sent the paper form (as we are not in one of the postcode areas).  A major advantage is that you have more room to provide details and can always go back and add extra things as the conversation progresses.

Pete at CAB
forum member

Send message

Following some info about logging in from Maggies (many thanks Sam) I managed to do one of these forms yesterday and I agree, its a very easy process. If our cl’s can get the forms this way without being in the pilot areas then it looks like a way forward.

I need to check the date of claim- is it the same as a paper form, the date the claimant rings for the form with a one month time limit for completion or just the date that the completed form is submitted?

Gareth Morgan
forum member

CEO, Ferret, Cardiff

Send message

Total Posts: 2002

Do we know the areas?

Pete at CAB
forum member

Send message

Gareth Morgan - 20 October 2023 01:00 PM

Do we know the areas?

Its in Daphne’s post above . I am not in one of these areas so when I tried to make an online application it said not possible but my cl, who is in the same postcode, rang up and got a link (?)

Kizza
forum member

Advice and Guidance Coordinator, CCP Gloucestershire

Send message

Total Posts: 20

I’ve been dealing with these for quite awhile now as am in GL postcode area. For quite a while now at least April last year when someone has rung up 0800 917 2222 to make a new claim they have done the PIP1 over the phone and then been sent a link to do the PIP2 online.  It follows the same as a PIP2 and is easy tom complete over the phone with clients.

The online PIP forms are online version of the PIP1 so you do not need to ring up. I haven’t had a chance to actually complete the online form yet this way but have been told by other advisers.

Hopefully that makes sense