Search options

Where

Benefit

Jurisdiction

Jurisdiction

From

to

Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Benefits for older people  →  Thread

Minimum payment amount for Guarantee Pension Credit?

CA Adviser
forum member

Citizens Advice Calderdale, West Yorkshire

Send message

Total Posts: 168

QBC shows entitlement to GPC of £0.21pw. Is there a minimum amount paid for GPC or will this be sufficient to passport to cost of living payment, warm home discount etc (assuming GPC arrive at the same entitlement)?

Thank you.

NAI
forum member

Unclaimed Benefits Campaign, Middlesbrough CAB

Send message

Total Posts: 131

According to CPAG Welfare Benefits and Tax Credits Handbook Chapter 13 page 259, less than 10 pence entitlement and you get nothing. But, there is reference to Regulation 13 SPC Regs. It says “Where the amount of state pension credit payable is less than 10 pence per week, the credit shall not be payable unless the claimant is in receipt of another benefit payable with the credit”. I’m not sure what this benefit might be.

[ Edited: 1 Aug 2023 at 09:54 am by NAI ]
CA Adviser
forum member

Citizens Advice Calderdale, West Yorkshire

Send message

Total Posts: 168

NAI - 01 August 2023 09:51 AM

According to CPAG Welfare Benefits and Tax Credits Handbook Chapter 13 page 259, less than 10 pence entitlement and you get nothing. But, there is reference to Regulation 13 SPC Regs. It says “Where the amount of state pension credit payable is less than 10 pence per week, the credit shall not be payable unless the claimant is in receipt of another benefit payable with the credit”. I’m not sure what this benefit might be.

That’s what I couldn’t find, thank you. P266 in my old 22-23 CPAG.

Paul_Treloar_AgeUK
forum member

Information and advice resources - Age UK

Send message

Total Posts: 3217

Where PC entitlement is less than £1 a week, the DWP may decided to pay it 13 weeks in arrears but otherwise your client is entitled to PC and therefore all the passporting benefits you mention should also apply.

MickD
forum member

Welfare Rights Derbyshire County County

Send message

Total Posts: 101

NAI - 01 August 2023 09:51 AM

I think it means State Pension.  If State Pension is in payment, then awards of Pension Credit under 10 pence per week can be combined and paid with the State Pension.

Severe Disablement Allowance would also work in this situation.