to

Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Universal credit administration  →  Thread

address for MR request

Ruth Knox
forum member

Vauxhall Law Centre

Send message

Total Posts: 564

I am trying to help a client with a Mandatory Reconsideration against a decision to close her claim. However, her request on her new claim is being ignored (and I think there are difficulties in accessing her old claim in any case).  I am now trying to work out who to write to - should it be her local Benefit Centre, or does the address Peter gave on this issue work nationally? (UCFS, Canterbury BC, Nutwood House, Canterbury, CT1 1ZZ)?

Helen Rogers
forum member

Welfare rights officer - Stockport MBC

Send message

Total Posts: 238

I write to:

Freepost DWP
Universal Credit
Full Service

Andyp5 Citizens Advice Bridport & District
forum member

Citizens Advice Bridport & District

Send message

Total Posts: 1020

Ruth Knox - 03 July 2023 03:44 PM

I am trying to help a client with a Mandatory Reconsideration against a decision to close her claim. However, her request on her new claim is being ignored (and I think there are difficulties in accessing her old claim in any case).  I am now trying to work out who to write to - should it be her local Benefit Centre, or does the address Peter gave on this issue work nationally? (UCFS, Canterbury BC, Nutwood House, Canterbury, CT1 1ZZ)?

The good thing about a MR on the new claim it creates an electronic paper trail. Would be tempted from again and again and again experience. Handy if you pursue later on a JR pre action.

To post the MR again on the journal under the payments, service issues, and WC thingies triggering the 3 main reactive algorithms to get a human. Stating the obvious. Parallel with the complaints online wotsit not as complaint complaint but as mechanism to get a response because it goes to the regional customer complaints team.

https://makeacomplaint.dwp.gov.uk/

Good luck!!!!!!!!

Ruth Knox
forum member

Vauxhall Law Centre

Send message

Thanks Helen and Andy.  I now understand from our local partnership that it is possible to ask for a revision on the new claim, so I am starting by having another go at that.

Jon Shaw
forum member

Welfare Rights Worker, CPAG in Scotland

Send message

Total Posts: 33

Both addresses are now published by DWP (in the work coach guidance collated by RightsNet): https://data.parliament.uk/DepositedPapers/Files/DEP2023-0365/008_All_about_Universal_Credit_V28-0.pdf

Ruth Knox
forum member

Vauxhall Law Centre

Send message

Thanks Jon. that’s really helpful.