to

Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Residence issues  →  Thread

Ukraine and NRPF

dizzymare
forum member

Welfare benefits adviser - Dudley MBC

Send message

Total Posts: 318

HI I currently am working with a young lady from Ukraine (aged 20) who was continuing with online study at her educational establishment in Ukraine. She claimed UC last year and this was refused as her course is said to be equivalent of HNC (therefore advanced) and it is registered as a full time course (even though online education is about 12 hrs). A few months ago, she became ill and has now made the decision to leave the course and perhaps start again in the UK once she has recovered.

She has made a new claim for UC. However, I have a residence permit which states Ukraine scheme, leave to enter, valid until 31/12/2024 - no restrictions/work permitted. However, our adult social care dept raised a query with NRPF connect and this has come back with ILTR till 2025 and no recourse. I know this is really an immigration query but I was wondering if anyone knew why this would happen (im guessing related to some change in status? new application?) clt is here without parents and is living with a host.

thank you for any information.

Dan Manville
forum member

Greater Manchester Law Centre

Send message

Total Posts: 470

Hiya

Since coming to Manchester I’ve been working much more closely to people who have recently been granted some form of status in the UK. There are frequent mistakes in the info from the Home office.

You can double check using the employee checker service.

dizzymare
forum member

Send message

thanks Dan. we sent a query to NRPF connect and the status has now been amended to say access allowed (its a bit worrying though to see incorrect records)

Graham Summers
forum member

Welfare rights officer - Welfare Rights Service, Leicester City Council

Send message

Total Posts: 53

MY experience is NRPF connect often gets the status wrong and takes a long time best to ask for BRP card

dizzymare
forum member

Send message

Thank you for your response Graham - we did have the card. It was the social care team that did the check but I was wary of the conflicting information in case of any issues with benefits. (decision on UC still awaited) hopefully, will all go to plan.

Dan Manville
forum member

Greater Manchester Law Centre

Send message

Total Posts: 470

dizzymare - 13 June 2023 03:40 PM

(its a bit worrying though to see incorrect records)

It is, but much like searchlight/CIS my colleagues at GMIAU are too busy to collate all the errors and make a complaint to the ICO, how I Ionged to do that to CIS when they were automatically awarding the SDP.

[ Edited: 29 Jun 2023 at 03:56 pm by Dan Manville ]