to

Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Decision making and appeals  →  Thread

HMCTS online portal

Jane99
forum member

Benefits and employment advisers team, Parkinsons UK

Send message

Total Posts: 20

Anyone else having difficulties with this? It ought to be good but I can’t seem to be able to upload evidence.

Dan Manville
forum member

Greater Manchester Law Centre

Send message

Total Posts: 470

It’s a really low file size. 5Mb iirc

Jane99
forum member

Send message

Ah!  Thanks. I’ll try that when next I have a small enough file. At some point I shall also ask a young person/person with skills about how to compress files, if that might work.

Jane99
forum member

Send message

Managed to upload 1. Next one (small enough) failed. But you are still the tech guru .....

Tom B (WRAMAS)
forum member

WRAMAS - Bristol City Council

Send message

Total Posts: 456

If you use the webchat function, HMCTS will send you a SharePoint link you can use to upload documents with a larger file size.

Jane99
forum member

Send message

Excellent thanks - because it really is the best way to add evidence, at least when I can. And now my next foolish question - where is the webchat? I have looked a few times and not found it.

(Afetr this I promise to just get on with my work!).

Jo_Smith
forum member

Citizens Advice Hillingdon

Send message

Total Posts: 333

It’s hidden within the “Contact us for help” section. I fedback to them already that it is hard to find.
https://www.appeal-benefit-decision.service.gov.uk/benefit-type

[ Edited: 5 Jun 2023 at 01:39 pm by Jo_Smith ]
Paul Stockton
forum member

Epping Forest CAB

Send message

Total Posts: 292

I find the quickest, or possibly the only, way to it is to pretend that you want to start a new appeal. You go to the SSCS1 page, click on “Start Now”, when the next screen comes up which asks for the postcode go to “contact us for help”, then click on webchat. They usually respond within a minute. Be prepared to have to enter all kinds of security info either about the client or yourself, but once you’re through all that I’ve always found them really helpful.

Dan Manville
forum member

Greater Manchester Law Centre

Send message

Total Posts: 470

Jane99 - 05 June 2023 01:19 PM

Excellent thanks - because it really is the best way to add evidence, at least when I can. And now my next foolish question - where is the webchat? I have looked a few times and not found it.

(Afetr this I promise to just get on with my work!).

Did you mange to get the Sharepoint link? There was some choosiness in these parts about whether various functions would only be available to people in the .gov.uk domain…