to

Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Disability benefits  →  Thread

DS1500 still accepted?

AleksC
forum member

Benefit Advisor McCarthy and Stone

Send message

Total Posts: 12

I have just noticed the DS1500 is now called an SR1 - will the DWP still accept the DS1500 or be their usual pedantic self and insist on an SR1?  I appreciate the terminal illness time frame definition has been extended to 12 months but I would think most clinicians will still have the old DS1500 forms?

juliem
forum member

Macmillan welfare rights advisor - Barnsley MBC, Barnsley

Send message

Total Posts: 126

AleksC - 03 April 2023 05:18 PM

I have just noticed the DS1500 is now called an SR1 - will the DWP still accept the DS1500 or be their usual pedantic self and insist on an SR1?  I appreciate the terminal illness time frame definition has been extended to 12 months but I would think most clinicians will still have the old DS1500 forms?

We have been advised that if a DS1500 is sent to the email address then a message will say thank you please send an SR1 in future. The email address for nhs.net .gov etc is going to change but will for the moment send on to an Sr1 email.
We still have clinicians using very old (no NINO) paper forms, hopefully they will get into C21 soon.

Meanwhile the DWP is allowing both forms until an unspecified date.

juliem
forum member

Macmillan welfare rights advisor - Barnsley MBC, Barnsley

Send message

Total Posts: 126

Just sent an email DS1500 and received this reply.

Thank you for your email.

Going forward this mailbox will eventually be made obsolete, the reason being that the DS1500 and DS1500 fee forms are being phased out.

From today, the qualifying period for patients that fit the criteria for Special Rules has changed from 6 months to 12 months. The forms you now need to use are the SR1 and SR1 Fee form; I have attached blank copies.

These forms should now be sent to xxxxxx. As this is now the primary mailbox for anything that was previously dealt with under DS1500 rules.

Kind regards
name

S Taylor
forum member

Welfare benefits adviser - Macmillan Caring Locally, Christchurch

Send message

Total Posts: 63

In the last few days I’ve suddenly stopped receiving the automated confirmation email reply when I send a DS1500 to PIP by secure email. Has anyone else experienced this?

Paul_Treloar_AgeUK
forum member

Information and advice resources - Age UK

Send message

Total Posts: 3216

We’ve heard from one of our advisers about problems they are experiencing using the new SR1 forms.

The SR1 form was forwarded to them by a health professional treating their client.

There was no way to edit the document to add the NI number, it wasn’t possible to print it either. They got back in touch with the sender, who edited and added the details, it was then emailed back.

They attempted to send it by email to the address stated, but the email bounced back as it wasn’t being sent from an NHS account.  So now they’re stuck with sending it back to the NHS professional again and asking them to make sure they send it off which seems like a very inefficient way to operate.

We’ve contacted OSEF about this but wondering if anyone else is having similar problems? As far as we can see, they either need to allow emails from outside of their restricted pool of addresses and/or enable the printing of the SR1 form (although it’s clear that they want to be digital by default again argh!!!!).