Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Other benefit issues  →  Thread

Escalation contact for Social Security Scotland

Mr Jim
forum member

Asylum & Roma Team, Social Work Services, Glasgow City Council

Send message

Total Posts: 135

Hi,

Does anyone have an email address for the person to contact re escalating a complaint to SSS for Glasgow? The ones I have all seem to be redundant.

Jim

Mark Willis
forum member

Welfare rights worker - CPAG in Scotland

Send message

Total Posts: 145

Hi Jim
I suspect this might be the same ones you’ve tried already but this is Local Delivery Relationship Leads:
https://www.socialsecurity.gov.scot/guidance-resources/resources/local-delivery-relationship-leads
Mark

Mr Jim
forum member

Asylum & Roma Team, Social Work Services, Glasgow City Council

Send message

Total Posts: 135

Mark,

Yes. That’s what I was looking for. Names have change for Glasgow.

Jim

Jane99
forum member

Benefits and employment advisers team, Parkinsons UK

Send message

Total Posts: 20

On an entirely different matter I was told today by the phone service that they don’t have relationship leads. I suspect that was just ignorance and not malicious.

Main point of posting though was -  I tried the webchat and found that 1) doesn’t seem to be a bot or if it is it so so good it could pilot the Liberator and 2) THE PERSON WENT AND GOT THE INFO I NEEDED! QUICKLY!

So maybe try the webchat, even if just to get contact details.
(Another plus is that you can copy iy it during the conversation and it saves typing a record later).

Worth a go I would have thought.

Jane Smith

annief
forum member

Benefits adviser - Maggie's Centre, Edinburgh

Send message

Total Posts: 107

The webchat is definitely a real person. I got a great guy last week who followed up the chat with a phone call, email and scheduled a call to the client to make sure she was kept informed with what we were doing on her behalf. It was amazing chatting to someone who actually cared about getting the job done!

Va1der
forum member

Welfare Rights Officer with SWAMP Glasgow

Send message

Total Posts: 706

annief - 19 December 2022 03:31 PM

The webchat is definitely a real person. I got a great guy last week who followed up the chat with a phone call, email and scheduled a call to the client to make sure she was kept informed with what we were doing on her behalf. It was amazing chatting to someone who actually cared about getting the job done!

Was the client with you during the chat, or did they engage with you on implicit etc consent?

annief
forum member

Benefits adviser - Maggie's Centre, Edinburgh

Send message

Total Posts: 107

Va1der - 19 December 2022 03:43 PM
annief - 19 December 2022 03:31 PM

Was the client with you during the chat, or did they engage with you on implicit etc consent?

nope, it was totally on implicit consent!