to

Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Work capability issues and ESA  →  Thread

‘Credits Only’ ESA ended

Pete at CAB
forum member

Welfare Benefits Adviser’ for Citizens Advice Cornwall

Send message

Total Posts: 396

I would like to check my understanding of some ESA rules - my understanding was that an assessment of LCW would stand until there was fresh assessment (or the cl fell foul of some procedural/admin rule like not sending back an ESA 50)

My cl has an ‘credits only’ award and has done so continuously since 2014 ( actual payments stopped in 2015 due to his partner’s earnings) and DWP were paying his NI until August this year when they appear to have just stopped. He has not had any further WCA , breached any admin rules , claimed UC or reached Pension age and he has had no notification that it had stopped other than the local Jobcentre telling him it had.

Before I write to ESA to enquire can anyone suggest a legal reason why the credits should have stopped?

Dan Manville
forum member

Greater Manchester Law Centre

Send message

Total Posts: 472

Nope.

I got through to ESA on the phone in less than 20 minutes yesterday. Might be worth a call rather than writing? I’ll bet it’s something administrative gone wrong that’s easily fixed.

Pete at CAB
forum member

Welfare Benefits Adviser’ for Citizens Advice Cornwall

Send message

Total Posts: 396

Thanks Dan, you must have some sort of magic touch to get them to pick up in only 20 mins! I’ve already posted the letter but thanks anyway