to

Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Work capability issues and ESA  →  Thread

WCA telephone assessment without ESA50 completion

EJ
forum member

Benefits advice line - Coventry City Council

Send message

Total Posts: 111

Client has contacted: she’s had a phone call from ESA and is to have a telephone assessment for a “benefit check” nest week.  The caller told her that they will be sending a letter in the interim and will be checking her ESA and PIP. awards.

Client’s last wca was in 2018 so times are probably right but her current PIP award was not to be reviewed until 2025.

Clt hasn’t received any new ESA50 and is very concerned about next week’s phone assessment.

Is this something to do with the new integrated assessments? 

Clt is petrified she won’t remember all her old (and new) conditions if she’s required to list them.  She has physical and mental health issues, and might need some preparation.

Thanks everyone
Elaine

Elliot Kent
forum member

Shelter

Send message

Total Posts: 3140

It sounds rather more like something to do with compliance or the FES than a health assessment as such. The DWP used to routinely invite a random small percentage of claimants to interviews to check for issues although it is not something I’ve heard happening during covid times. It sounds like it might be something like that.

I would suggest she carefully considers what the letter says when it turns up.

EJ
forum member

Benefits advice line - Coventry City Council

Send message

Total Posts: 111

That had been my first thought, too, Elliot.  And I checked with her that her daughter had properly moved out 3 years ago - she does stay overnight sometimes to help her mum. 
I’ve asked that she contact me when the letter arrives.
Thank you
Elaine