to

Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Income support, JSA and tax credits  →  Thread

no MR reply

davidsmithp1000
forum member

Brighton Unemployed Centre Families Project

Send message

Total Posts: 195

hello - what’s the usual procedure for when the DWP do not reply to an MR sent several times?
how much longer do we have to wait until we can just file an appeal?
do we have to have an MR reply - because I think the DWP are sitting on this case - and we need it expedited

thank you as always for your suggestions.

Va1der
forum member

Welfare Rights Officer with SWAMP Glasgow

Send message

Total Posts: 706

How long are we talking?

Sending the MR multiple times doesn’t really change anything - it’s the time and impact on your client that’s relevant. You might find [2015] EWHC 1607 (Admin) useful.
That was a JR case, and that is potentially one of your options.

In my experience I’ve never been unable to dislodge a delayed MR (though I know other’s haven’t been so lucky).

Have you tried the escalation lines or your local partnership manager/team yet? That’s usually been the fastest solution for me. Alternatively just threathening JR/pre-action protocol often dislodges them.

If you have some indication the MR will be negative, you could try pushing straight for appeal, and you could also give grounds for that appeal to be expedited. Depends whcih route you think will be faster.

davidsmithp1000
forum member

Brighton Unemployed Centre Families Project

Send message

Total Posts: 195

thank you - probably not long enough, and i’m becoming impatient - thanks for reminding me about the escalation routes