Search options

Where

Benefit

Jurisdiction

Jurisdiction

From

to

Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Benefits for older people  →  Thread

Long long delays in processing Pension Credit claims - doth protest a lot and some more in response to FOI touching on resources

Andyp5 Citizens Advice Bridport & District
forum member

Citizens Advice Bridport & District

Send message

Total Posts: 1017

Long long delays in processing Pension Credit claims - doth protest a lot and some more in response to FOI touching on resources

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/what_is_the_current_ratio_of_dec#incoming-2101762

Benny Fitzpatrick
forum member

Welfare Rights Officer, Southway Housing Trust, Manchester

Send message

Total Posts: 628

Well, I think we can assume that they do not want to answer your question! (A bit close to the bone maybe?) Yet they are currently running a take-up campaign, so should legitimately expect a greater volume of claims than usual.

It appears, that right across the sprawling empire which is the DWP, the malaise of being “not fit for purpose” is entrenched.

I have put in a couple of complaints where the 2014 “Customer Charter” (apparently the most recent version, and apparently still valid) has not been adhered to. Only to be met with total lack of response. It appears that they simply don’t care how poor their so-called “service” is. The culture of treating the public with utter contempt has leached down from Johnson’s Downing Street into every branch of government, and I suspect is not likely to improve under the dreadful Liz Truss.

Andyp5 Citizens Advice Bridport & District
forum member

Citizens Advice Bridport & District

Send message

Total Posts: 1017

Benny Fitzpatrick - 24 August 2022 12:14 PM

Well, I think we can assume that they do not want to answer your question! (A bit close to the bone maybe?) Yet they are currently running a take-up campaign, so should legitimately expect a greater volume of claims than usual.

It appears, that right across the sprawling empire which is the DWP, the malaise of being “not fit for purpose” is entrenched.

I have put in a couple of complaints where the 2014 “Customer Charter” (apparently the most recent version, and apparently still valid) has not been adhered to. Only to be met with total lack of response. It appears that they simply don’t care how poor their so-called “service” is. The culture of treating the public with utter contempt has leached down from Johnson’s Downing Street into every branch of government, and I suspect is not likely to improve under the dreadful Liz Truss.

Would appear that way, I did revise the question so they could use any definition of a DM they liked, so I am guessing the resources put into PC are scant. So in sense they have confirmed what we are could work out for ourselves.

Gone on to the next stage ICO for completeness.