When did UC come in
Is there anyway of checking when an area/postcode went live with UC?
If this data is available then when both the live and full service came in would also be great
Any help is appreciated.
Got what I neede from this
Posting as might be of some use in the future
EDIT: I’ve updated this to include some more details.
If you want the full exact details by postcode:
Full service: Appendix 1 here.
Live service (until end of 2014): Appendix to Chapter M3 on this page.
Exceptions to the above:
(1) The postcodes listed in Parts 5-7 here did not actually enter the live service on the dates set out in the previous link, but went straight into full service slightly later as per the full service schedule I linked to earlier.
(2) The postcodes listed as ‘designated postcodes’ here, and those listed in Parts 1-2 here and Part 1 here, entered full service before the date they were due to enter the live service, and were never actually in the live service.
(In all the following cases, where a UC claim cannot be made, claims for legacy benefits can be made instead.)
(1) From 1/1/18, no new claims were accepted for live service areas, except for cases where a couple split up (and also cases where no claim was necessary).
(2) The postcodes listed here did not accept new claims from 19/7/17 until 11/12/18 inclusive.
(3) The postcodes listed here did not accept new claims from 24/2/16 until 22/3/16 inclusive.
(4) From 6/4/17 until 31/1/19 inclusive, no new claims could be made by anyone responsible for more than 2 children or QYPs.
(5) From 16/1/19 until 26/1/21 inclusive, no new claims could be made by anyone caught by the SDP Gateway.
(6) UC technically came into force for those resident abroad from 1/2/19, but from that date, no new claims can be made by frontier workers.
That is very helpful, thank you - it will help with what we need it for, to argue with HB that at the time client could still claim HB and not go to UC as they suggested.