to

Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Covid-19 issues  →  Thread

UC Claims

LauraGSLC
forum member

MMAS - South Lanarkshire Council

Send message

Total Posts: 11

Are UC processing claims and advance payments without verification or ID?  Aware most if not all JCPs closed for face to face.

SallyA
forum member

Welfare Benefits, Citizens Advice Swindon

Send message

Total Posts: 18

Just had a client who submitted yesterday online and wasn’t asked to verify or phone helpline to book phone appointment. No idea if it was a mistake, a one-off or they’ve swtiched this off for all new claims because Helpline in meltdown

Ruth Knox
forum member

Vauxhall Law Centre

Send message

Total Posts: 559

I don’t know what the alternative is, but I can see this as a recipe for a whole new rash of fraudulent claims!

smoor
forum member

Citizens Advice Ripon

Send message

Total Posts: 1

Just spoke to a Cl who started UC claim. She is told she is in a queue of 35,000 and will receive an email when it is her turn to provide her ID details (by one of the ID verify companies the online UC claim uses). She says she can see on the screen that her place in the queue is going down.
She has also received a text from DWP stating that she has got until 30/3/20 to verify her ID for her claim to be complete. 
A sign of the numbers of new claims.

Giles Elliott
forum member

benefitsowl.info, Manchester

Send message

Total Posts: 42

I’m really really hoping the procedure in the previous post is more recent than a number we’ve picked up on recently in which you simply have to wait until it’s your turn, then have 45 mins or miss the slot. For example, one claimant reports on twitter that the wait went into the night so he fell asleep and so missed his slot. also: note: >83,000 users in queue :-(

Image Attachments

verification-screenshot-reduced.jpg

Click thumbnail to see full-size image