to

Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Universal credit administration  →  Thread

Freepost UC - process - you couldn’t make it up

Peter Turville
forum member

Welfare rights worker - Oxford Community Work Agency

Send message

Total Posts: 1659

I have just been advised by UC helpline, Bristol (inc. superviser), that post sent to UC Freepost (in the case childcare costs) is sorted and physically delivered (not scanned) to the relevant processing centre where it is then handed (by real hands) to the claimant’s case manager whose responsibility it is to scan it onto the IT system. If the case manager is away for any reason (as in this case) the post should be locked in their drawer until their return and no one else can access it. Additionally it can take up to 4 weeks for post sent to arrive at the case manager’s desk.

UC a simpler system!

They did not take kindly to my suggesting it was quicker under Supp Ben or even legacy benefits and Wolverhampton post handling!

ClairemHodgson
forum member

Solicitor, SC Law, Harrow

Send message

Total Posts: 1221

Peter Turville - 25 February 2019 01:02 PM

They did not take kindly to my suggesting it was quicker under Supp Ben

they’re probably wondering what Supp Ben was…...

Mike Hughes
forum member

Senior welfare rights officer - Salford City Council Welfare Rights Service

Send message

Total Posts: 3138

ClairemHodgson - 25 February 2019 03:18 PM
Peter Turville - 25 February 2019 01:02 PM

They did not take kindly to my suggesting it was quicker under Supp Ben

they’re probably wondering what Supp Ben was…...

Current evidence suggests a number don’t know what UC is.

Daphne
Administrator

rightsnet writer / editor

Send message

Total Posts: 3549

At DWP stakeholder forum today and a presentation by the post and scanning service who have confirmed that they do not deal with UC post - apparently UC decided to do their own thing. But that means it is not scanned in at Wolverhampton like all other DWP benefits as Peter says

Dan_Manville
forum member

Mental health & welfare rights service - Wolverhampton City Council

Send message

Total Posts: 2262

Daphne - 10 September 2019 12:08 PM

At DWP stakeholder forum today and a presentation by the post and scanning service who have confirmed that they do not deal with UC post - apparently UC decided to do their own thing. But that means it is not scanned in at Wolverhampton like all other DWP benefits as Peter says

About half of it doesn’t seem to be scanned at all; I think they lose it down the back of the couch.

Peter Turville
forum member

Welfare rights worker - Oxford Community Work Agency

Send message

Total Posts: 1659

Dan Manville - 13 September 2019 11:06 AM

About half of it doesn’t seem to be scanned at all; I think they lose it down the back of the couch.

Or held up (in anticipation) of the Brexit ‘backstop’ down the Irish Sea (as I understand all UC freepost goes via Belfast)?