to

Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Decision making and appeals  →  Thread

tribunal decision

Rosessdc
forum member

Welfare Benefits South Somerset District Council

Send message

Total Posts: 23

Is there any time limit on how long you have to wait for a tribunal decision?
My client had a tribunal on 22nd March and still has not had a decision.
I have left several messages with callcentre, but have not been contacted as promised. The client has written a letter of complaint and had no reply - I even raised the issue at TUG meeting.
I’m thinking that, bearing in mind the number of appeals most lt judges sit on, any decision made now could not be lawful.
It was a DLA appeal, and I think it unlikely that the same panel would meet again as not regular panel members. If the decision was made on the day why have neither I nor client been informed?
Not sure how to proceed with this - considering requesting compensation for the mental anguish my client and his wife are still suffering?

Ariadne
forum member

Social policy coordinator, CAB, Basingstoke

Send message

Total Posts: 504

Write to the Regional Tribunal Judge - I can’t imagine what can have happened here.

Rosessdc
forum member

Welfare Benefits South Somerset District Council

Send message

Total Posts: 23

Thanks - have finally got decision. Every time I rang callcentre I was told that the decision was issued on the day of appeal. I explained that neither I nor client had received it. I suspect that it was wrongly noted on the file, as most decisions are given on the day.
I know that it wasn’t as I was back at venue within a few days and I asked the clerk. My client is a man it is hard to forget and the clerk was certain he hadn’t seen a decision.
Anyway - was finally faxed a copy and am now confused, as the panel have refused the appeal and confirmed the DWP decision, but the decision they then go on to quote is a lower one!
We were only appealing the care component, but mobility has been taken away. Have asked for s.o.r., but am certain no ‘health warning’ was given. Will keep you posted.

Sometimes I really want to retire!!!!!!