Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Work capability issues and ESA  →  Thread

WCA assesments home visits when Maximus refuse

< 1 2

sbrown7
forum member

Rutherglen CAB

Send message

Total Posts: 5

Interestingly I have the opposite happening.  Client asked for a supersession due to worsening health condition (ESA-WRAG NI only after 365days)
Usual paperwork completed in March 2018. Client still waiting for WCA. Continually informed that they are on the priority list for HV.  Note: The client did NOT request a HV. This was decided by Maximus although they have had this many years ago. All DLA / PIP have been carried out at a centre. In October client still being advised of same but got confirmation from Maximus that this wait was due to not having Dr to do the HV. Complaint made direct to Maximus regarding delay. Within 5 days, client now asked to attend at assessment centre….and they book, pay for and provide the taxi.

Invictus
forum member

Bestwood Advice Centre, Nottingham

Send message

Total Posts: 9

sbrown7 - 31 October 2018 02:52 PM

Interestingly I have the opposite happening.  Client asked for a supersession due to worsening health condition (ESA-WRAG NI only after 365days)
Usual paperwork completed in March 2018. Client still waiting for WCA. Continually informed that they are on the priority list for HV.  Note: The client did NOT request a HV. This was decided by Maximus although they have had this many years ago. All DLA / PIP have been carried out at a centre. In October client still being advised of same but got confirmation from Maximus that this wait was due to not having Dr to do the HV. Complaint made direct to Maximus regarding delay. Within 5 days, client now asked to attend at assessment centre….and they book, pay for and provide the taxi.

The assessment providers seem to be consistently inconsistent! In the case of my client, the request for a HV resulted in a letter stating that our “request for a taxi” had been approved (no such request was made)!