Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Other areas of social welfare law  →  Thread

Central London County Courts User Group Meetings

robverco
forum member

Welfare Benefits Officer, Wandle Housing

Send message

Total Posts: 59

Hi all,

Does anyone know how to get an invite to the above? I contacted Clerkenwell & Shoreditch court but no reply. I am guessing they are similar to TUGs?

With thanks and best regards,

Rob

ClairemHodgson
forum member

Solicitor, SC Law, Harrow

Send message

Total Posts: 1221

so far as i know each court has it’s own.  so the county court at Central London (based in the RCJ) will have a different user group from other london county courts.

i’ve never known how anyone gets to be invited on to one, but rather think members are practising solicitors, barristers, and a couple of judges - not wholly sure….

robverco
forum member

Welfare Benefits Officer, Wandle Housing

Send message

Total Posts: 59

Thanks Claire, I perhaps should have pointed out it was in relation to housing, possession hearings and so on, our Legal Caseworker was under the impression that the member audience was wider than you suggest but maybe not. I will see what else I can come up with.

ClairemHodgson
forum member

Solicitor, SC Law, Harrow

Send message

Total Posts: 1221

robverco - 12 March 2018 04:49 PM

our Legal Caseworker was under the impression that the member audience was wider than you suggest but maybe not. I will see what else I can come up with.

could be.

i’ve lways thought that its one of those things the people in the know know about by some sort of process of osmosis - i’d be happy to be proved wrong, but not something that info is easily accessible on…