Search options

Where

Benefit

Jurisdiction

Jurisdiction

From

to

Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Work capability issues and ESA  →  Thread

ESA migration- anyone seem a DWP appeal submission yet?

Martin Williams
forum member

Welfare rights advisor - CPAG, London

Send message

Total Posts: 771

Hi all,

I would be quite interested in getting a copy of a DWP submission and evidence bundle in an appeal against a person who has been found not eligible to have their award of IB/IS converted into an ESA award.

I am not even sure if any appeals are at that stage yet.

If someone does have a copy and the client doesn’t mind can be sent to me at CPAG- 94 White Lion Street, London, E1 7SA. We will deal with client details confidentially etc (or can be anonymised).

Martin.

Altered Chaos
forum member

Operations & Advice Manager - Citizens Advice Taunton

Send message

Total Posts: 427

Hi Martin

I was at the CAB social policy conference recently where IB/ESA reassessment was covered as a workshop hosted by Karen Foulds, Customer Service Director with key role in implementation and monitoring of the ‘customer journey’ on IB/ESA reassessment. She explained that although the process had indeed started all reassessment customers would be sent the new ESA50. Becuase the new descriptors do not become applicable until 28.03.11 no LCW decisions would be made until after this date.

I anticipate you will get a rush of DWP submissions in the first week of April !! Having said that down here in the South West only 76 cases p/w are currently being reassessed - not quite the thousands per week suggested.

Chaos

Ariadne
forum member

Social policy coordinator, CAB, Basingstoke

Send message

Total Posts: 504

Apart from the pilots in Aberdeen and Burnley, rollout won’t start until April anyway.