Search options

Where

Benefit

Jurisdiction

Jurisdiction

From

to

Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Universal credit administration  →  Thread

Journal and refused UC cases- can you still look at journal?

Martin Williams
forum member

Welfare rights advisor - CPAG, London

Send message

Total Posts: 770

Hi All,

I have seen a number of comments about access to the journal once a decision is made ending an award or refusing a claim-

I understand that in this situation it is no longer possible to add anything to the journal.

My question is simply whether someone can confirm if it is still possible to access the journal in this situation? (ie just to look at the previous documents etc)?

Thanks.

Martin

Elliot Kent
forum member

Shelter

Send message

Total Posts: 3133

You can still look at the journal on a closed claim and look at previous entries. The DWP can also add new entries to a closed claim (e.g. MRNs)

However, if you make a new claim for UC , you can no longer view the old journal.

Martin Williams
forum member

Send message

Thanks Elliot- just one more thing- they do also post MRNs in UC cases I have seen is that right?

Elliot Kent
forum member

Shelter

Send message

Total Posts: 3133

My experience is that they always put it as a PDF on the journal and usually post it out as well (at least where the claim is closed)

I tell clients to keep checking their journal anyway though.

Martin Williams
forum member

Send message

Elliot Kent - 21 July 2017 05:05 PM

However, if you make a new claim for UC , you can no longer view the old journal.

That is a bit of a pain in a case where there are wrong decisions (eg sanction decisions) recorded on the old journal that a claimant would now want to challenge.