Search options

Where

Benefit

Jurisdiction

Jurisdiction

From

to

Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Disability benefits  →  Thread

Employment and receiving Care Package Budget from ILF and Social Work (Scotland)

SDS ForumER
forum member

SDS / Support Department at Self-Directed Support Forum East Renfrewshire.

Send message

Total Posts: 1

Hello there,

I am posting on behalf of one of our forum members and would like a second opinion and/or clarification on the subject if at all possible. The person I am posting on behalf of is physically disabled and is in receipt of a care package from the Scottish Independent Living Fund and also a direct payment from the local authority social work.

What she would like to know is if she was able to get a job, after that how much would she have to contribute towards her care package? She has read some things online that say any contribution she has to make is based on savings and that any income from employment is disregarded.

Now, from my personal point of view. She should not have to contribute anything under a “charging policy” as she already makes a contribution to her support through her ILF funding. The budget she receives from both social work and ILF is about her support needs. Whether she has a job or not, she still requires a care package.

Could someone clarify this position for me?

Kind Regards,
SDS Forum ER.

stevenmcavoy
forum member

Welfare rights officer - Enable Scotland

Send message

Total Posts: 871

you will need to contact/look to the local authority charging policy for this. each local authority has its own policy (though certain parts are set).  Cosla issue guidance also.

The council can also disregard “disability related expenditure” but what that means in practice appears to be very vague.

ILF have case managers as well that might be willing to speak to you about things from their side.