to

Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Universal credit administration  →  Thread

That sinking feeling

Dan_Manville
forum member

Mental health & welfare rights service - Wolverhampton City Council

Send message

Total Posts: 2262

It had to happen eventually; I’ve got my first UC claimant! Fortunately the carer for my client rather than the client themselves.

So… Has anyone any experience of withdrawing a UC claim once IS/Carers Allowance might be payable? I’m pretty confident that we’ll get the care recipient’s PIP back into payment in the next few weeks.

TIA

Sally63
forum member

Generalist Adviser, Southwark Citizens Advice Bureau

Send message

Total Posts: 177

How far have they got with the claim? Have they gone to the interview?

Damian
forum member

Welfare rights officer - Salford Welfare Rights Service

Send message

Total Posts: 211

I’m pretty green with UC myself but is withdrawing the best plan? There are advantages for carers on UC: carers element without having to claim CA

Dan_Manville
forum member

Mental health & welfare rights service - Wolverhampton City Council

Send message

Total Posts: 2262

Damian - 31 March 2017 04:03 PM

I’m pretty green with UC myself but is withdrawing the best plan? There are advantages for carers on UC: carers element without having to claim CA

My only real experience of UC is watching a couple of facebook groups where UC claimants air their woes. Having seen the horrors inflicted on people my strong instinct is to keep people off it for as long as possible. There has already been at least one eviction where peoples’ Housing Costs award has gone awry.

Me no likey!

stevenmcavoy
forum member

Welfare rights officer - Enable Scotland

Send message

Total Posts: 872

ive just got a client to withdraw their UC claim and claim ESA again (gateway area and now has PIP) and it all seems to have went smoothly….apart from the missing sdp which im on hold about as i type this.