to

Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Universal credit administration  →  Thread

is it some sick joke?

Dan_Manville
forum member

Mental health & welfare rights service - Wolverhampton City Council

Send message

Total Posts: 2262

This is doing my head in a bit.. I feel compelled to put a trigger warning here as it’s slightly gruesome..

I’ve had cause to research the gateway conditions myself today and found adm 3075 and the appended example. In that example there is, to put it gently, a bereavement. I don’t think it needed to happen to make the point in the example so why is such a nasty example used? The publicised version doesn’t kill anyone off yet reaches the same conclusion.

is this some form of subliminal indoctrination, a sick joke or am I missing something?

Andrew Dutton
forum member

Welfare rights service - Derbyshire County Council

Send message

Total Posts: 1968

Is that ‘Cleo’? It reads like a story-board for a very bad soap opera and ignores all impact on her - she is refused UC and goes on to IBJSA, for there are of course no consequences whatsoever for her health and she should get out there and look for work.

Dan_Manville
forum member

Mental health & welfare rights service - Wolverhampton City Council

Send message

Total Posts: 2262

Andrew Dutton - 19 January 2015 09:20 AM

Is that ‘Cleo’? It reads like a story-board for a very bad soap opera and ignores all impact on her - she is refused UC and goes on to IBJSA, for there are of course no consequences whatsoever for her health and she should get out there and look for work.

Doesn’t it?