Send message

Total Posts: 504

They already haz at number 10.

Rosessdc
forum member

Welfare Benefits South Somerset District Council

Send message

Total Posts: 23

Thanks for all replies. Much appreciated and good to lift spirits now it’s getting cold!
Dog is probably not too relevant to particular case, but got me thinking. I’m sure we all have vulnerable clients who are kept going by a pet, and who would be devastated if they could no longer keep one. Surely there should be a way of factoring any essential help in to care needs? One of my clients had his dog taken away from him because he wasn’t looking after it properly. This has set him back loads and increased suicidal thoughts.

John Birks
forum member

Welfare Rights and Debt Advice - Stockport Council

Send message

Total Posts: 1064

Rosessdc - 17 November 2011 01:40 PM

Thanks for all replies. Much appreciated and good to lift spirits now it’s getting cold!
Dog is probably not too relevant to particular case, but got me thinking. I’m sure we all have vulnerable clients who are kept going by a pet, and who would be devastated if they could no longer keep one. Surely there should be a way of factoring any essential help in to care needs? One of my clients had his dog taken away from him because he wasn’t looking after it properly. This has set him back loads and increased suicidal thoughts.

I suppose the dog’s happier with the situation though.

benefitsadviser
forum member

Sunderland West Advice Project

Send message

Total Posts: 1003

Cameron should keep his cat. It will reduce his chances of being deported should the need arise.

nevip
forum member

Welfare rights adviser - Sefton Council, Liverpool

Send message

Total Posts: 3137

I had a peek at this while tucking in to a nice cauli salad the other day in a nice hotel in Wooten Bassett.  The hotel owner a huge man, a great dane named Olaf, said to me “before going into the hotel business I used to be a shepherd so I know quite a bit about dogs”.  “Really” cocker, I replied “maybe you can give me some pointers if I ever choose to buy one”.  He asked me if my salad was ok and did I want any more chow.  I asked him if he had any frogs’ legs and when he said yes I told him to hop off and get me a scotch.

His schnauzer was a bit put out by this and in a voice, now a little husky, he threatened to shove the frogs’ legs up my St Bernard pass.  I replied that my friend, a big terrier of a man, from Labrador, a boxer by profession, would not take too kindly to that and might pay him a visit.

It all came to a head when the local copper, a Pomeranian called Charles Spaniel, arrived and threatened to whippet us both if we didn’t calm down.  With that we shook hands, apologized and went our separate ways.  I took a greyhound around America and the last I heard he was running a bar in Chihuahua.

Ariadne
forum member

Social policy coordinator, CAB, Basingstoke

Send message

Total Posts: 504

Now do it with Scottish islands, like the running gag in the Guardian letters column