DLA intermediaries line

1 2 > 

suelees
forum member

Social Welfare dept, Stephensons Solicitors, Leigh

Send message

Total Posts: 84

....seems to be dead and gone

This team have alwaye been very helpful in the past but I was soooo frustrated today when the person I called wouldn’t even accept their own implicit consent policy as I didn’t have the client with me. Needless to say I asked to speak to a manager. Got a call back soon after from the manager and was told the intermediaries nbr I phoned is now just a call centre dealing with all benefits. The manager will now contact the DLA section and ring me back tomorrow

I just feel like screaming now.

rwils
forum member

Newcastle Welfare Rights Service, Newcastle City Council

Send message

Total Posts: 24

Which number are you using? I’ve rung it a few times in the last couple of weeks and it’s been fine, no problem with implicit consent or getting info. If they’ve done away with that it’s a blow.

suelees
forum member

Send message

the one ending 121

John Birks
forum member

Welfare Rights and Debt Advice - Stockport Council

Send message

Total Posts: 1064

The reps line has gone.

DWP confrmed this last week on a sunny day out to Blackpool.

Disability and Carers Service are moving organisationally to JC+. Whether this is part of unifying the approach top telephone calls or not I don’t know. Summat to do with BIS, BAS & BES. I got bored with the differing criteria.

They did expalin that explicit consent should not be a problem as would dealing with reps.

From a practical point of view if I get stuck instead of arguing I say ‘whatever’ put the phone down and call again. It often depends on who you speak to and what sort of day they’re having.

nevip
forum member

Welfare rights adviser - Sefton Council, Liverpool

Send message

Total Posts: 3137

I say ‘whatever’....Lol!  Since when did you become a teenage girl?

John Birks
forum member

Send message

nevip - 06 October 2011 12:23 PM

I say ‘whatever’....Lol!  Since when did you become a teenage girl?

Probably at the same time you started saying Lol.

I used to say @£$%^&£**! prior to replacing the handset but I got into trouble one day. Hence…

[ Edited: 6 Oct 2011 at 04:03 pm by John Birks ]
nevip
forum member

Send message

One woman from the DWP once told me I was the rudest person she’d ever spoken to.  I told her she should get out more.

John Birks
forum member

Send message

nevip - 06 October 2011 02:04 PM

One woman from the DWP once told me I was the rudest person she’d ever spoken to.  I told her she should get out more.

Funny that.

Several from the DWP have said that to me too.

I usually say ‘well you started it.’

Have you ever had to write a letter of apology? Had to do it twice…...

nevip
forum member

Send message

“Have you ever had to write a letter of apology? Had to do it twice…...”

Not yet.  I’ve never actually swore at or verbally abused DWP staff.  Its more the tone that I’ve taken.  I can get quite impatient with them at times, particularly when confronted with ignorance and indifference.  One of my clients after recently winning her appeal phoned them to see why her money has not been paid only to have it implied that the court documents we supplied could be forgeries.  I’m going to have fun with them over that when I get back to the main office on Monday.

John Birks
forum member

Send message

OOh no I’ve never been abusive. Well not in the real world.

One was a late appeal refusal where it bounced back twice and I suggested if the DM ddin’t like it they should send it to TAS for a decision rather than continuing to waste public money.

The other was a notional income decision of £999 per week earnings for someone who had been on t’dole for xnumber of years prior to the week in question and back on t’ dole the week after. The decsiion letter was I felt of poor quality by way of expalnation and I likened the financial thinking as something like Harry Potter and the tale of the ficticious income.

In neither case did I say *&£$, &^$% *$£@ or even $%^£$%” ^&*^&%$$ %&^$^£!!!

Thin skins some people

nevip
forum member

Send message

My colleague has the ability to remain calmer than me.  Thus he has the presence of mind to think of something sarcastic to say.  Sometimes he’s so good at it I’m sure it flies straight over their heads.  Me, I have to work at it a lot more.  Being less impatient that is.  My problem is I don’t suffer fools gladly and that frequently gets the better of me.

John Birks
forum member

Send message

nevip - 06 October 2011 03:29 PM

My colleague has the ability to remain calmer than me.  Thus he has the presence of mind to think of something sarcastic to say.  Sometimes he’s so good at it I’m sure it flies straight over their heads.  Me, I have to work at it a lot more.  Being less impatient that is.  My problem is I don’t suffer fools gladly and that frequently gets the better of me.

Really?

nevip
forum member

Send message

I cann’t really say Lol anymore now can I?  Allow me a chortle instead.

CMILKCAB
forum member

Benefits advisor, NHS Project - Castlemilk CAB, Glasgow

Send message

Total Posts: 92

So the line HAS gone…..................and John Birks and nevip are dating   :)

suelees
forum member

Send message

I’ve just walked back in to the office at 5.35,  I’ve a ton of things to do,  not only ‘proper’ work but also trying to deal with the really frustrating pedantism of those who shall not be named,  it’s peeing down and dark outside but your banter still made me smile.

suelees
forum member

Send message

ha ha nice one Neil