Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Disability benefits  →  Thread

DLA Supersession form

gw
forum member

Glasgow West Housing Association

Send message

Total Posts: 285

does anyone have a copy of DLA supersession form,
I only want them to look at the mobility componant..

ROBBO
forum member

Welfare rights team - Stockport Advice

Send message

Total Posts: 334

I haven’t got one to hand, but from memory, you get a pretty standard DLA form, with covering paperwork.

You can tick a box saying you only want them to look at one component, and it then directs you just to complete the relevant bits - but there’s nothing to stop a DM going back and superseding the whole lot.

That said, I had a case where we did just the mobility.  DM wrote back and said ‘fill in the care’. We wrote back and said ‘no’.  This went on for a couple of goes, then they gave up and awarded HRM.

But that was probably a bit lucky.

nevip
forum member

Welfare rights adviser - Sefton Council, Liverpool

Send message

Total Posts: 3137

There is no first order requirement on a claimant application for supersession to give information on a component which the claimant is not asking to be looked at. Until recently, the supersession forms used to come in three parts, one booklet for personal info’, the second for mobility info’ and the third for care needs info’.  If, say, the claimant had the care component and was only going for, say, HR Mob’ then I would simply rip up the care needs booklet and return the mob’ and personal info’ booklets only.  Then get the client to get a letter from his G.P. /Cons’ detailing mob’ needs only and submit.  Never had a problem with that approach.

Unfortunately, now the superssion form is one booklet only (the Department won’t give claimants an inch will it?).  The danger now is if you leave the care needs questions blank there is a danger of the Department assuming that there are no care needs, thus removing the care component.  Or, for the Department to send a GPFR to the G.P. with all the attendant risks that that entails.  So, unfortunately, it is now best to complete the whole form as though you were starting from scratch.

Pete C
forum member

Pete at CAB

Send message

Total Posts: 556

Last time I did one of thse there was a letter in with the form that asked ‘which component do you want us to look at again with space to write down the reasons. We used to put something along the lines of ‘My care needs have not changed since my last application but my mobility has deteriorated so I only want you to reconsider the Mobility component’ and not answered anything about care needs- i can’t see how any review of the care decision could then take place , unless the DWP send an EMP out.

gw
forum member

Glasgow West Housing Association

Send message

Total Posts: 285

thanks folks..