Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Universal credit migration  →  Thread

Transitional Element for Tax Credit-only claimants

‹ First  < 5 6 7 8 9 > 

Daphne
Administrator

rightsnet writer / editor

Send message

Total Posts: 3555

I can raise it via the stakeholder forum if helpful Marie - I think they’d be OK to look into it given all the efforts you’ve already made - can you email me the name and NIno (.(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address))

Marie CA
forum member

Citizens Advice Merton & Lambeth

Send message

Total Posts: 28

Done, thanks Daphne

Charles
forum member

Accountant, Haffner Hoff Ltd, Manchester

Send message

Total Posts: 1424

Will - re. the guidance about considering deprivation after the capital disregard ends - see here:
https://data.parliament.uk/DepositedPapers/Files/DEP2023-0791/109._Move_to_UC-transitional_capital_disregard_V2.0.pdf

If their capital or savings remains above £16,000 after the 12 assessment periods have passed, they will no longer be eligible for Universal Credit.

If their capital or savings reduces significantly below £16,000, deprivation of capital will need to be considered.

SarahBatty
forum member

Durham Welfare Rights

Send message

Total Posts: 61

A question for DWP please Daphne (apols if this has already been asked or discussed)

Will they include the LCWRA element in the calc of Indicative UC, where a claimant is terminally ill and this is already known to the DWP before migration (ie SR1 held by PIP) or is declared on the UC claim.

(we know that terminally ill people are not meant to be getting MM notices as a matter of policy and that there is an option to ask DWP to cancel, but actually we have clients who wish to claim UC anyway because they will be better off, and in the meantime have received an MM notice, and are therefore a notified person at the point they claim UC ....opening up the potential for TP)

Daphne
Administrator

Send message

I’ll send that up Sarah…

shawn mach
Administrator

rightsnet.org.uk

Send message

Total Posts: 3794

I assume the new guidance answers all of our questions?

Guidance: Transitional protection if you receive a Migration Notice letter

Charles
forum member

Send message

Of course it does. This thread should be closed immediately!

Gareth Morgan
forum member

CEO, Ferret, Cardiff

Send message

Total Posts: 2008

Charles - 04 December 2023 11:18 AM

Of course it does. This thread should be closed immediately!

I don’t know as I’m not allowed to read it.  “This guidance is only for people who received a Migration Notice”

Andrew Dutton
forum member

Welfare rights service - Derbyshire County Council

Send message

Total Posts: 1968

I am sure DWP said they would soon be producing guidance for third parties. But when I asked about it at a recent meeting, I was told there was no such thing in process, but they could consider it?

It’s all going so well…...

Charles
forum member

Send message

Neil Couling said on Twitter yesterday that they are developing more detailed guidance for advisers following the stakeholders session.

Daphne
Administrator

Send message

Yes we were told at the last Move to UC meeting that we should have answers to our questions by the end of December!

Paul_Treloar_AgeUK
forum member

Information and advice resources - Age UK

Send message

Total Posts: 3222

shawn mach
Administrator

rightsnet.org.uk

Send message

Total Posts: 3794

Daphne - 06 December 2023 09:40 AM

Yes we were told at the last Move to UC meeting that we should have answers to our questions by the end of December!

Email update to stakeholders says (in part):

‘... our team is working at pace on this and are in the final stages ... but have taken the decision that in order to fully quality assure the information provided to the level we want, we will not be able to share the document until the new year ...

Gareth Morgan
forum member

CEO, Ferret, Cardiff

Send message

Total Posts: 2008

Somebody in a, non-benefits, WhatsApp group that I’m in has said that Managed Migration is about the Rwanda policy.