to

Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  The Social  →  Thread

chimpions league 2023/2024 is go

shawn mach
Administrator

rightsnet.org.uk

Send message

Total Posts: 3782

Hope everyone’s enjoying the WWC and getting a couple of games in every day before starting work 😂

Looks like we’re good to go already with setting up this year’s chimpions league, with the first game scheduled for Friday 11 August.

Will anyone be able to stop River Platt from getting a hat trick of consecutive titles?

Here’s the link if you’d like to set up a team: https://fantasy.premierleague.com ... you then have until the 11th to pick your squad and enter it in a league (you’ll just need to contact us for the chimpions league code).

You’ll then have the opportunity to fine-tune your squad, with unlimited free transfers, until kick-off.

Such fun ...

Cheers - Shawn

⚽ ⚽ ⚽

Alan Markey
forum member

Director - Coventry Independent Advice Service

Send message

Total Posts: 46

Oh yes, all ready. A new squad, a summer of high intensity training and completing my coaching badges. What could possibly go wrong?

Mike Hughes
forum member

Senior welfare rights officer - Salford City Council Welfare Rights Service

Send message

Total Posts: 3138

Your Coventry. Even Wrexham can beat you 😊

Paul_Treloar_AgeUK
forum member

Information and advice resources - Age UK

Send message

Total Posts: 3216

Mike Hughes - 25 July 2023 02:49 PM

Your Coventry. Even Wrexham can beat you :)

He’s not, he’s Sunderland.

Mike Hughes
forum member

Send message

Fitbah always gets a quicker answer on here than benefit queries.

Think we can probably beat Sunderland too 😊

Alan Markey
forum member

Director - Coventry Independent Advice Service

Send message

Total Posts: 46

Wow - it really is kicking off! (And Sunderland are the best team in the football league, dontcha know?!)

Paul_Treloar_AgeUK
forum member

Send message

Mike Hughes
forum member

Send message

Fair to say United youngsters seemed under instructions to take us out at every opportunity. Not friendly. Keeper “tackle” on Mullin was a straight red but he only got a yellow and then tweeted about his lack of malicious intent. Not sure what he thought his shoulder was going to do. They did at least get a red for scything down Cannon later but there could arguably have been four reds for United.

This will sound strange but I’m sort of glad it’s happened now as what happens next will be really interesting. We’re being sold a narrative that we’ve only made the one signing because we built a squad to get us to league one. I have never accepted that. I think all the money is being poured into infrastructure. Fourth side of the ground finally; international standard floodlights so we get Wales games back and there’s little money for the squad for this season. With Mullin out our three remaining strikers will do well to get thirty goals between them all season so will we leave it as is; bring in a loanee; make a marquee signing? My guess is it’s a loan and nothing more.

Mulls is a hard bloke and he’ll be back in two months or less if all goes well but at least this might end the silly talk of being faves for the title. How anyone can say that when you have Stockport, Bradford, Notts County and a handful of others I have no idea. We were always going to come down to earth with a bump this season anyway as there’s no way to replicate 111 points; over a hundred goals and being unbeaten all season at home. The first bump has arrived a little sooner than expected.

davidsmithp1000
forum member

Brighton Unemployed Centre Families Project

Send message

Total Posts: 195

right, i know absolutely nothing about football (apart from knowing Rashford) - and have entered my team 😊

shawn mach
Administrator

rightsnet.org.uk

Send message

davidsmithp1000 - 05 August 2023 12:28 PM

right, i know absolutely nothing about football (apart from knowing Rashford) - and have entered my team :)

Yay ... welcome onboard ...

Owen_Stevens
forum member

UC Adviser, CPAG

Send message

Total Posts: 601

davidsmithp1000 - 05 August 2023 12:28 PM

i know absolutely nothing about football

Well, if there’s no need to know anything about football then I’ll join in

Mark Willis
forum member

Welfare rights worker - CPAG in Scotland

Send message

Total Posts: 145

Thanks for setting this up, Shawn, count me in. Can we all agree this season that having Haaland in your team is basically cheating? :)

shawn mach
Administrator

rightsnet.org.uk

Send message

Mark Willis - 08 August 2023 10:23 AM

... Can we all agree this season that having Haaland in your team is basically cheating? :)

Looks like 86.5% of teams have picked him so far ... £14m though!

keith
forum member

Principal WRO - Northumberland County Council

Send message

Total Posts: 69

shawn mach - 08 August 2023 11:07 AM
Mark Willis - 08 August 2023 10:23 AM

... Can we all agree this season that having Haaland in your team is basically cheating? :)

Looks like 86.5% of teams have picked him so far ... £14m though!

I think he scored 86.5% of my meagre points total for GW1… :D

Mike Hughes
forum member

Send message

When he’s injured five games in you can all opt for Paul Mullin 😊

Paul_Treloar_AgeUK
forum member

Send message

Despite one of the lowest points totals in the league, I’ve managed to snag a win and 3 points. Flipping heck, this could be my year….

davidsmithp1000
forum member

Brighton Unemployed Centre Families Project

Send message

Total Posts: 195

how are we doing? - happy halloween
river platt is slowly rising to the top again! ...

shawn mach
Administrator

rightsnet.org.uk

Send message

I’m in danger of relegation!

(This week swapped my captaincy for the first time away from Haaland who then promptly has his best game for weeks ... to Watkins who has his worst .. and benched Mbeume and Ferguson who then come up wth 21 points between them!)

Paul_Treloar_AgeUK
forum member

Send message

shawn mach - 30 October 2023 12:39 PM

(This week swapped my captaincy for the first time away from Haaland who then promptly has his best game for weeks ... to Watkins who has his worst .. and benched Mbeume and Ferguson who then come up wth 21 points between them!)

Thanks Shawn, your decision making helped me stop a run of four consecutive defeats as well.

shawn mach
Administrator

rightsnet.org.uk

Send message

Paul_Treloar_AgeUK - 30 October 2023 01:40 PM
shawn mach - 30 October 2023 12:39 PM

Thanks Shawn, your decision making helped me stop a run of four consecutive defeats as well.

Here to help 😂

shawn mach
Administrator

rightsnet.org.uk

Send message

Wow ... top three all equal on points, and top six covered by just 3 points .... can’t remember such an exciting race (... at least it looks that way, looking up as I am from 12th place 😂)

https://fantasy.premierleague.com/leagues/48696/standings/h

shawn mach
Administrator

rightsnet.org.uk

Send message

Yay ... we have a winner ...

... drum roll ... HUGE congratulations to Alan’s ‘Sunlun Shining’ .. 17 points clear at the top with only 4 matches and 12 points to play for ... what a team, what a season!

https://fantasy.premierleague.com/leagues/48696/standings/h

(I like to think I played my part by losing 3 times to Alan during the year, just to ease him over the line #heretohelp)

Sadly, relegation looking likely for the ‘Seagulls’ who had players (including their captain and vice-captain)  who all had great seasons ... though on loan to Real Madrid; Barcelona; Servette; and Nashville 😂 ....

When do the Euros start? .........

Paul_Treloar_AgeUK
forum member

Send message

For reasons unknown, my workplace has decided to block access to fantasy football website #sadface :-(

Well done chairman Markey, at least your virtual team are doing well, even if the Mackems aren’t,,,,

keith
forum member

Principal WRO - Northumberland County Council

Send message

Total Posts: 69

I couldn’t have framed my congratulations to Alan any better that myself Paul…