to

Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Universal credit migration  →  Thread

‘Generally’ single TC claimants - ?

Andrew Dutton
forum member

Welfare rights service - Derbyshire County Council

Send message

Total Posts: 1964

https://www.rightsnet.org.uk/welfare-rights/news/item/managed-migration-of-universal-credit-to-roll-out-in-west-scotland-west-yorkshire-staffordshire-and-derbyshire-and-south-london-from-august-2023

Hail – I find a touch of ambiguity here;

‘In addition, the DWP confirmed that, while migration notices are generally only being sent to single tax credit claimants, its discovery phase for moving couples on tax credits on to universal credit is ongoing, and that this is being carried out across all areas where managed migration is currently taking place.’

‘[G]enerally only being sent to single tax credit claimants’:

We have been told that in Derbyshire it will be single TC-only claimants from 1st August, TC-only couples from October.

Are they saying above that they may send notices to couples before the planned time? Might occasional other claimants (TC plus other benefits) also get them?

We have still been told nothing about the ‘panel’ that will supposedly examine cases of vulnerability, yet managed migration is almost on us.

Daphne
Administrator

rightsnet writer / editor

Send message

Total Posts: 3549

My understanding is that generally it’s single TC claimants only at the moment - but the discovery phase for couples (which amounts to a few hundred migration notices) could be in any of the managed migration areas - so yes in theory you could have a couple sent migration notices.

As far as I’m aware they’re not doing discovery to include other legacy benefits yet, but that will probably begin to happen before 2024/2025