Managed migration roll out map

< 1 2 3 4 5 > 

stevenmcavoy
forum member

Welfare rights officer - Enable Scotland

Send message

Total Posts: 871

WillH - 07 August 2023 05:04 PM

Ah apologies Steven. I think I was looking at an out of date chart.

Does this look plausible?

West of Scotland includes:
Inverclyde

Argyle & Bute,

Renfrewshire,

North Lanarkshire

West Dunbartonshire

East Dunbartonshire

that looks correct.

this will be fun when it arrives in glasgow though as a huge employer (the council) pay their staff 4 weekly and thats going to throw up lots of issues where transitional protection applies.

WillH
forum member

Locum adviser - CPAG in Scotland

Send message

Total Posts: 369

Can only agree Steven, and they are not alone - lots of public sector employers do this.

I’ve already had to explain to people that even if earnings do not change & you have an uneroded transitional element in managed migration, actual UC can be different to tax credits & will be much more prone to fluctuation because of the treatment of monthly earnings regardless of pay pattern.

WillH
forum member

Send message

Dizzymare, I just wanted to say that I agree - I’m not in west mids but I’ve looked in vain for any districts being announced there (no mention of Birmingham & Solihull, Black Country or Mercia - taken from list Charles posted).

Daphne - is it worth clarifying with DWP in case they’re going to make a sudden announcement about these?

Timothy Seaside
forum member

Housing services - Arun District Council

Send message

Total Posts: 539

We’ve heard from our partnership manager that some parts of West Sussex will be included in the Hampshire area roll out in September. It may surprise people in Bognor Regis and Chichester that they are in the South West. This does make me think the roll out must be based on postcodes as well as DWP areas (Bognor and Chichester both have Portsmouth postcodes).

Daphne
Administrator

rightsnet writer / editor

Send message

Total Posts: 3549

WillH - 10 August 2023 08:24 PM

Dizzymare, I just wanted to say that I agree - I’m not in west mids but I’ve looked in vain for any districts being announced there (no mention of Birmingham & Solihull, Black Country or Mercia - taken from list Charles posted).

Daphne - is it worth clarifying with DWP in case they’re going to make a sudden announcement about these?

I can certainly ask…

WillH
forum member

Send message

Thank you Daphne!

I wondered if Wolverhampton might know something, or have picked something up from announcements, as their recently managed migration quick guide suggests they are expecting it in the autumn….

https://mcusercontent.com/decb9d1f0c8e0b61fc8eae4c9/files/589d6de3-4222-8207-c557-f570e2d44980/Universal_Credit_Managed_Migration_Quick_Guide_1.8.2023.pdf

Daphne
Administrator

rightsnet writer / editor

Send message

Total Posts: 3549

This is reply I have received via stakeholder forum -

Please see the attached areas that we have moved into. At this stage I am not in a position to disclose the expansion update for September.

You haven’t missed West Midlands, we are not there as yet.

In April, we brought on board Avon, Somerset, and Gloucester.
May, we expanded into East London and Cheshire.
June, the expansion moved into Greater Manchester and Northeast Yorkshire & Humber.
July moves into the Districts of Kent, North London, Durham and Tees Valley and East Anglia.
August sees West Yorkshire, Staffordshire & Derbyshire, West Scotland, and South London brought into Move to Universal Credit.

So I guess it might be hitting West Midlands in September if they are on schedule…

dizzymare
forum member

Welfare benefits adviser - Dudley MBC

Send message

Total Posts: 318

thank you for taking the time to check - much appreciated

WillH
forum member

Send message

Steven, and others who may be interested - we’ve been told Glasgow will be starting with managed migration in October.

Maybe not one for the map just yet but assume there will be a wider announcement of more areas soon.

shawn mach
Administrator

rightsnet.org.uk

Send message

Total Posts: 3782

WillH - 24 August 2023 02:21 PM

Steven, and others who may be interested - we’ve been told Glasgow will be starting with managed migration in October.

Maybe not one for the map just yet but assume there will be a wider announcement of more areas soon.

Cheers Will ... gives me time to get my map pin in the right place 😂

shawn mach
Administrator

rightsnet.org.uk

Send message

shawn mach - 24 August 2023 02:22 PM

Cheers Will ... gives me time to get my map pin in the right place 😂

Here we go .... just added Central Scotland and SE Wales:

https://www.rightsnet.org.uk/pdfs/Universal-credit-managed-migration-roll-out-7-Sept-2023.pdf

WillH
forum member

Send message

Hi Shawn,
This is very annoying of me I know ...  I think the central Scotland JC+ district is further south - Glasgow & E Renfrewshire.

The names of the districts not being that informative! It’s not the whole of the central belt by any means but I suppose part of it.

At least, that’s my best guess based on partnership manager lists. I’ve tried researching the hierarchy of JC+ geography but haven’t found a definitive source - if anyone has one (a recent one), it would be useful.

Scottish advisers feel free to correct this please!

shawn mach
Administrator

rightsnet.org.uk

Send message

Cheers Will ... have given it a nudge in (hopefully) the right direction ... still available via the link above (you may need to refresh a couple of times to get the new version)

Cheers ... Shawn

seand
forum member

Welfare rights officer - Wheatley Homes

Send message

Total Posts: 302

WillH - 08 September 2023 03:47 PM

Hi Shawn,
This is very annoying of me I know ...  I think the central Scotland JC+ district is further south - Glasgow & E Renfrewshire.

The names of the districts not being that informative! It’s not the whole of the central belt by any means but I suppose part of it.

At least, that’s my best guess based on partnership manager lists. I’ve tried researching the hierarchy of JC+ geography but haven’t found a definitive source - if anyone has one (a recent one), it would be useful.

Scottish advisers feel free to correct this please!

Hi Will

The Scottish districts are the same as those on the partnership manager contacts details lists. It would be a bit mad not to be the same (although…)

WillH
forum member

Send message

Thanks for confirming Sean.