Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Universal credit migration  →  Thread

Managed migration roll out map

< 1 2 3 4 >  Last ›

roecab
forum member

Welfare benefits supervisor - Roehampton CAB

Send message

Total Posts: 465

On a related note, Michael, I don’t know for sure but I think south London does include south west London (nothing like consistency) & certainly Streatham JC+

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/549118/response/1320197/attach/html/3/JCP%20Districts%20mapped%20to%20LAs.pdf.html

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/104751/response/255581/attach/4/Jobcentre%20Plus%20Offices%20by%20District.pdf

Might be useful but massively out of date (from 2012), lots of changes to JC+ offices since then.

Many thanks, Will.

Seems from the list that Wandsworth is West London. I will keep an eye out.

Many thanks.

[ Edited: 4 Jul 2023 at 11:56 am by shawn mach ]
shawn mach
Administrator

rightsnet.org.uk

Send message

Total Posts: 3782

Having flashbacks/fond memories of the postcode-by-postcode rollout now 😂

... for West Scotland, I mainly used this from Wikipedia, though realise it’s electoral regions so may not map exactly to the DWP’s view of the world.

It’s easy to move the pin though, so do let me know if you think we should ....

Cheers ... Shawn

shawn mach
Administrator

rightsnet.org.uk

Send message

Charles
forum member

Accountant, Haffner Hoff Ltd, Manchester

Send message

Total Posts: 1418

I don’t know if you would even want to change the map to reflect this, but the areas being announced are to Jobcentre Districts, of which there are approximately 40 covering GB. See here: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/local-partnership-opportunities-with-jobcentre-plus/jobcentre-plus-service-leaders

So, “Staffordshire and Derbyshire” is one Jobcentre District, and so is “Avon, Somerset and Gloucestershire”. Whereas you’ve split them up.

shawn mach
Administrator

rightsnet.org.uk

Send message

Ooh, cheers Charles ... that could make the map much less busy .... I’ll take a look ...

shawn mach
Administrator

rightsnet.org.uk

Send message

Thanks again Charles .... we’ve now combined Staffordshire and Derbyshire ... and also Avon, Somerset and Gloucestershire:

https://www.rightsnet.org.uk/pdfs/Universal-credit-managed-migration-roll-out-updated-31-July-23.pdf

Ps - we also have our own query, which is that while the DWP have said roll-out will happen in September in Devon, Wiltshire, Hampshire and the Isle of Wight .... the Jobcentre district is Dorset, Wiltshire, Hampshire and the Isle of Wight. We’re therefore double-checking with the DWP and will share an update here when we hear back.

Cheers ... Shawn

Daphne
Administrator

rightsnet writer / editor

Send message

Total Posts: 3549

We’ve heard back from DWP and it was meant to be Dorset not Devon.

We’ve updated our story - https://www.rightsnet.org.uk/welfare-rights/news/item/managed-migration-of-universal-credit-to-roll-out-to-six-further-regions-from-september-2023

shawn mach
Administrator

rightsnet.org.uk

Send message

stevenmcavoy
forum member

Welfare rights officer - Enable Scotland

Send message

Total Posts: 871

I asked about the definition of west of scotland at a stakeholder meeting and was told it was pretty much everywhere in that area excluding glasgow.

WillH
forum member

Locum adviser - CPAG in Scotland

Send message

Total Posts: 369

That makes sense Steven thank you. I think Glasgow, Lanarkshire & East Dunbartonshire is a separate region of its own?

[ Edited: 6 Aug 2023 at 05:32 pm by WillH ]
stevenmcavoy
forum member

Welfare rights officer - Enable Scotland

Send message

Total Posts: 871

WillH - 05 August 2023 12:07 PM

That makes sense Steven thank you. I think Glasgow, Lanarkshire & East Dunbartonshire is a separate region of its own?

north lan was definitely down as included….south I cant remember but I think east dunbartonshire was.

WillH
forum member

Locum adviser - CPAG in Scotland

Send message

Total Posts: 369

Ah apologies Steven. I think I was looking at an out of date chart.

Does this look plausible?

West of Scotland includes:
Inverclyde

Argyle & Bute,

Renfrewshire,

North Lanarkshire

West Dunbartonshire

East Dunbartonshire

[ Edited: 7 Aug 2023 at 05:08 pm by WillH ]
Andyp5 Citizens Advice Bridport & District
forum member

Citizens Advice Bridport & District

Send message

Total Posts: 1015

Daphne - 01 August 2023 11:36 AM

We’ve heard back from DWP and it was meant to be Dorset not Devon.

We’ve updated our story - https://www.rightsnet.org.uk/welfare-rights/news/item/managed-migration-of-universal-credit-to-roll-out-to-six-further-regions-from-september-2023

This is the first we have heard about Dorset no contact whatso ever from the DWP.

Ros
Administrator

editor, rightsnet.org.uk

Send message

Total Posts: 1323

We’ve also updated our story Managed migration of universal credit to roll out to six further regions from September 2023 to add a link to LA Welfare Direct 8/2023 which confirms that -

In August, we further expanded into West Yorkshire, Staffordshire & Derbyshire, West Scotland, and South London. This will be followed by Cumbria and Lancashire, Essex, Dorset, Wiltshire, Hampshire and the Isle of Wight, Southwest Wales, East Scotland, and Lincolnshire Nottinghamshire & Rutland in September 2023.

dizzymare
forum member

Welfare benefits adviser - Dudley MBC

Send message

Total Posts: 318

Good afternoon

I have just taken a look at the map and also the jobcentre district lists and it looks like we are the only region (west mids) where no JC district has come on board as yet,  so im fairly sure we will be next. For those areas where MM has now commenced, can anyone tell me if they contact people by jobcentre?  postcode? alphabetical or random? or a certain number each week? It seems unlikely that all people in a particular area will get a MM notice on the same day? Im thinking/hoping that they will phase this in over a time period but im not sure (other than TC claimants) how they then manage the flow as it were? (just trying to get an idea of how many queries we can expect so we can prepare)

thank you