Search options

Where

Benefit

Jurisdiction

Jurisdiction

From

to

Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Universal credit migration  →  Thread

Transitional Element - Adjustment once moved over to UC??

Cobi30
forum member

Welfare Rights and Money Advice Service, Bristol City Council

Send message

Total Posts: 33

Put a recent post about a client with migration notice, and there could be scope of this being revoked. However I have been wondering whether it might be better off for her to actually go through with it now…

She has an 18 year old son who is currently in education, but is not planning to once this academic year ends. He gets PIP. So at the moment she is getting CTC with the disabled child element which is more generous that on UC.

I am basically just thinking that if she moves now, her Transitional element would be made up partly due to the more generous disabled child element, would anything happen to the TE when her son stops being a child for benefits purposes?

Obviously she would no longer get the Child element and Disabled Child element within UC, but would her TE stay the same? So technically would include the difference between the Tax credit Dis Child element and the UC dis child element forever?

Thanks for any help…

I might be getting far too in depth with the calcs around this Migration case…

HB Anorak
forum member

Benefits consultant/trainer - hbanorak.co.uk, East London

Send message

Total Posts: 2908

Yes - it’s even better if this happens during the period where they are still a child for CTC but not UC
https://www.rightsnet.org.uk/forums/viewthread/19233/