Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Benefits for older people  →  Thread

Pension Credit / Attendance Allowance - Ukrainian refugees

TFos
forum member

Newcastle City Council Welfare Rights

Send message

Total Posts: 2

Hello

I am dealing with a case where a clerical Pension Credit claim was sent to The Pension Service for an elderly Ukrainian client who has recently come to the UK and is living with a host.

We have just contacted The Pension Service this week who have stated that because there is no Nino on the claim form the claim cannot be traced.

They took the clients details and advised a team based in Newcastle would be contacting the client to take their details for the claim to go ahead and for the process to get them a Nino could be started.

However, there has been no contact as previously stated.  I have made several calls to Pension Service who just transfer me to the Pension Centre who take the clients details and tell me that someone from that team will contact the client…..but again no contact as yet.

I have manged to get an email address for the Ukrainian Team in Newcastle but have had zero response.

Has anybody else had any similar cases or has any advice on how to resolve?

Thanks in advance

Mike Hughes
forum member

Senior welfare rights officer - Salford City Council Welfare Rights Service

Send message

Total Posts: 3138

Pension Service at present are an absolute shambles and clearly getting worse by the week. I wouldn’t read too much into the NINO or Ukrainian aspects. The claim would have likely had issues anyway as I can’t remember the last time I came across a PC claim which didn’t.

TFos
forum member

Newcastle City Council Welfare Rights

Send message

Total Posts: 2

Yes unfortunately that seems to be the case.  Thanks for the response.

unhindered by talent
forum member

Welfare Rights Team, Aberdeenshire Council

Send message

Total Posts: 451

Was this resolved?