Search options

Where

Benefit

Jurisdiction

Jurisdiction

From

to

Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Residence issues  →  Thread

Household support fund: is this public funds for immigration purposes?

Diogenes
forum member

welfare benefits, citizens advice, sherwood & newark

Send message

Total Posts: 309

By this evening I have to give a list of clients who might be able to access the household support fund , pensioners who do not get PC, I have a client who does not get PC, her husband does but as she has no recourse to public funds she is not paid PC it is paid as a single person award.  can the partner who does not get PC access the household support fund without breaching the public funds rules.??? I found the following in the Govt guidance to local authorities but am not sure what this means for my client,  she is over pension age herself

“Individuals with No Recourse to Public Funds
22. Authorities can provide a basic safety net support to an individual, regardless of their immigration status, if there is a genuine care need that does not arise solely from destitution, for example if:

there are community care needs
they have serious health problems
there is a risk to a child’s wellbeing
23. The rules around immigration status have not changed. Authorities must use their judgement to decide what legal powers and funding can be used to support individuals who are ineligible for public funds or statutory housing assistance.”

[ Edited: 21 Sep 2022 at 05:27 pm by shawn mach ]
LibraryNerd
forum member

Bassetlaw Citizens Advice

Send message

Total Posts: 14

Hi Diogenes,

From reading that, it looks like the decision on whether to provide Household Support Fund to people with No Recourse has been left to individual councils.

If you look at the actual criteria that Nottinghamshire County Council are using, they have listed people with NRPF as one of the specific groups they are targeting with the fund.

Diogenes
forum member

Send message

Thanks LN, do you have a link to that Notts page, i can only find the site for folk who get PC
Thanks

LibraryNerd
forum member

Bassetlaw Citizens Advice

Send message

Total Posts: 14

Here’s the details for the current phase of the Household Support Fund for Notts.

File Attachments

Diogenes
forum member

Send message

many thanks, just released that if husband gets PC he may have been offered help by the council as a PC claimant so they may have had the HSF offered that way, but n interesting scenario