to

Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Disability benefits  →  Thread

Pensioner on DLA with increased care/mobility issues

JMW adviser
forum member

JMW Solicitors

Send message

Total Posts: 9

I’m currently away from my desk for a few days and I’m looking for some regulations with regards to DLA to PIP.

Cl is 74 so eligible to claim PIP. Currently getting mid care and low mob. He would definitely qualify for enhanced PIP mobility. Am I right in thinking he can claim PIP and be assessed as under pension age, therefore entitled to enhanced mob? Can you send me the legislation please. I assume it’s in the TP regs.

Thanks in advance

Paul_Treloar_AgeUK
forum member

Information and advice resources - Age UK

Send message

Total Posts: 3224

Was he aged 65 or over on 8 April 2013?

If so, reporting any change of circs will result in his current DLA award being revised accordingly.

If he was under 65 on 8 April 2013, reporting any change of circs should see him invited to claim PIP instead.

Reg.4 of the transitional regs applies I think https://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2013/387/regulation/4

S Taylor
forum member

Welfare benefits adviser - Macmillan Caring Locally, Christchurch

Send message

Total Posts: 65

Would the client phone the DLA helpline to report the change of circumstances and then DLA would take the PIP claim or would it be a phone call direct to the PIP claimline?

Paul_Treloar_AgeUK
forum member

Information and advice resources - Age UK

Send message

Total Posts: 3224

Probably best to call the DLA helpline as they will have details about the DLA award.

The client should then receive an invitation to claim PIP which they must do within 4 weeks and DLA continues in payment until PIP decision made.

S Taylor
forum member

Welfare benefits adviser - Macmillan Caring Locally, Christchurch

Send message

Total Posts: 65

Thank you Paul.

JMW adviser
forum member

JMW Solicitors

Send message

Total Posts: 9

Brilliant Paul, exactly what I was looking for. Thank you.