Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Other benefit issues  →  Thread

Request for help from documentary filmmaker

shawn mach
Administrator

rightsnet.org.uk

Send message

Total Posts: 3794

Hi -

We’ve been contacted by Hannah from http://www.firecrestfilms.com ...

‘My name is Hannah and I’m a journalist working on a TV documentary about the changing world of work in the UK. I’m hoping to speak to people who work with clients who have become self-employed in recent years to ask them about the experiences of these people. I’m particularly interested in talking to you if people you are helping: feel that they had little option but to become self-employed and people concerned about their pay and conditions as a self-employed worker.

I’m also interested in talking about agency work and other irregular work to find out about changes to pay and conditions.

I’d hope initially to have a confidential conservation with you over the phone about your general experience with your clients. We are also trying to find self-employed people that we might be able to film with as part of the programme. There is no obligation for you to take part in the programme once you’ve spoken with us – and the same goes for anyone you are able to put us in touch with – but it would be an opportunity to aid our research and for us to tell you a bit more about the film.’

If you’d like to talk to Hannah, in confidence, you can contact her on .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address) and on 07845 348 157.