to

Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Disability benefits  →  Thread

New DLA Claim Pack for Children Under 16

John Davies
forum member

Office Manager, Catchup Ltd

Send message

Total Posts: 7

We have been made aware of a new DLA claim pack for children - issued in January 2012.  The pack is more tick the box than the form issued in February 2011.

I have searched direct.gov but the only link on there goes to the February 2011 form.  Anyone know of a link to the new form?

I’d like to see a copy before someone turns up with one asking for help to complete it!!

John Davies
Office Manager

Juanita Banana
forum member

Redcar & Cleveland Welfare Rights Unit

Send message

Total Posts: 16

John Davies - 09 March 2012 10:15 AM

We have been made aware of a new DLA claim pack for children - issued in January 2012.  The pack is more tick the box than the form issued in February 2011.

I have searched direct.gov but the only link on there goes to the February 2011 form.  Anyone know of a link to the new form?

I’d like to see a copy before someone turns up with one asking for help to complete it!!

John Davies
Office Manager

http://www.dwp.gov.uk/adviser/updates/ordering-of-dla-child-claim/

John Davies
forum member

Send message

Thanks for the link - info copied below

Ordering of DLA Child claim packs

Changes are currently underway to improve the Disability Living Allowance (DLA) Child claim forms. The new forms will be introduced on a rolling geographical basis with disability processing units adopting the new forms, as they are trained to assess claims received on them.

To avoid confusion and ensure the customer receives the correct claim form, at the time they make their claim, the DLA Child suite of forms has been removed from the products available to partner organisations.

The new forms will be available following roll out at the beginning of April 2012.

In the meantime, if partner organisations receive requests from individual customers for any DLA Child claim form they, on the customers behalf, or the customer, can request a form by calling the DLA Helpline on 08457 123 456.

But I was looking for a link for the new form - direct.gov has a link to the old form but not to the new one.  We are based in Wales and the new forms are already being sent out to claimants.  I wanted to have a look at one before I have to fill one in.

John

Juanita Banana
forum member

Redcar & Cleveland Welfare Rights Unit

Send message

Total Posts: 16

Failing to find a link to the new form I requested a hard copy from DWP, should be here in the next few days.

John Davies
forum member

Send message

Done the same now, thanks