to

Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Disability benefits  →  Thread

PIP- immigration status and PTT queries causing delays in issuing PIP2

Jo_Smith
forum member

Citizens Advice Hillingdon

Send message

Total Posts: 334

Hi guys. I am encountering this problem more frequently recently: we call PIP and “register” the claim. We then wait for PIP2. I follow up with a client 2 or 3 weeks later-  form has not arrived. After a further week or so, we call the helpline (adding to an already long queue). It then transpires that there are questions about immigr status or trips abroad. We are asked for a share code etc.

Without active chasing, I am not sure what would happen with such claims, because none of my clients who experienced the above issue received a call from the case manager or a letter, requesting the information.

So if we did not act, their claim would just sit there and wait for god knows what or who? Am just unlucky? Are other clients being contacted by DWP/PIP with these enquiries?

Anyone knows maybe what is the DWP internal process in cases of non-UK claimants or PPT queries?

past caring
forum member

Welfare Rights Adviser - Southwark Law Centre, Peckham

Send message

Total Posts: 1125

I’ve had a few similar in the past 6 months but where the clients have been contacted. It has caused a delay in the PIP2 being sent out, but it has been.

Helen Rogers
forum member

Welfare rights officer - Stockport MBC

Send message

Total Posts: 238

I’m pleased to hear that some clients are contacted, because my recent experiences are that clients are not contacted to be asked for the info.  Also, when we have provided passport or Home Office documents etc, nothing is done until we phone to chase up why PIP 2 not issued yet.

Jo_Smith
forum member

Citizens Advice Hillingdon

Send message

Total Posts: 334

Yeah, this is why I have posted here, because I have not yet had a client with PPT or PIP related HRT enquiry who would be actively contacted by DWP. When we call them it like “oh yeah, we were going to ask you ....” but no evidence of taking any action.