Search options

Where

Benefit

Jurisdiction

Jurisdiction

From

to

Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Other benefit issues  →  Thread

DWP data sharing - what should I ask them to disclose?

Michael M
forum member

UCL Integrated Legal Advice Clinic

Send message

Total Posts: 6

I had an ESA overpayment hearing today that was adjourned to give the DWP a chance to respond to some points raised by the appeal. I’m helping the client (on ESA/PIP) challenge an £11k overpayment of severe disability premium caused by her cousin starting to claim Carer’s Allowance in 2018.

The judge has asked me to submit a request for disclosure as well as questions to put to the DWP about their data sharing systems. The appeal response says that these systems are “not mandatory” and “used irregularly”.

I am going to ask if there was a policy governing data sharing between different benefit teams within the DWP in 2018, what systems existed then, how often the system/systems was/were used, what prompted the system/systems to be used, and whether there have been any changes to way the system/s are used in the last 5 years.

I would be really interested to know what other questions people think I should ask, and if there are any specific policies or documents that people would like me to ask to be disclosed.

Gareth Morgan
forum member

CEO, Ferret, Cardiff

Send message

Total Posts: 2002

Sharing notifications of changes e.g. addresses, composition of household.