to

Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Residence issues  →  Thread

Permanent right to reside as a jobseeker

past caring
forum member

Welfare Rights Adviser - Southwark Law Centre, Peckham

Send message

Total Posts: 1125

Sorry - it’s Friday, it’s late and I also didn’t think I’d need this one again, so it didn’t lodge in my brain - but I’m certain there was something in one of the old DMG or ADM sections where DWP conceded that a continuous period of 5 years solely as a jobseeker would result in a person acquiring a permanent right of residence - in ‘old money’ I(EEA) Regs 2016 terms. Anyone got a link/reference?

Elliot Kent
forum member

Shelter

Send message

Total Posts: 3134

past caring
forum member

Welfare Rights Adviser - Southwark Law Centre, Peckham

Send message

Total Posts: 1125

Cheers Elliot - that will do me. It’s implicit in what Judge Poynter says (i.e. that the entirety of the 5 years might be as a Jobseeker) but I thought there was something somewhere in the DMG where the DWP concede that expressly.

It’s a bit of a kicker though, I thought the prospects of my 3rd country national client having a RtR via her estranged husband having himself acquired a permanent RtR prior to turning 21 via his mother would be remote (i.e. remote evidentially - but the records have turned out to show complete actual NICS or credits for a full 10 years). Was looking forward to the much more interesting Arts 8 and 14 and tangential AT arguments we’ve got. Better for her though…...

[ Edited: 18 Aug 2023 at 08:31 pm by past caring ]
Elliot Kent
forum member

Shelter

Send message

Total Posts: 3134

ADM you’re after would be C1807