to

Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Housing costs  →  Thread

Data matching with HMRC

Alice SF
forum member

Welfare Benefit & Debt Advisor, Hounslow Foodbank Project, Staying First London

Send message

Total Posts: 43

Posted this on the bottom of an older thread, but as there were no replies I thought I’d best start a new one in case it had been missed.

I have a client who has been notified of an overpayment due to data matching however her P60 does not match the information HB has received from HMRC.

Could someone with experience in this advise me on how we would go about challenging the incorrect award?  Would she need to contact HMRC first or just put in a revision request straight to HB?

Thank you for your help.

forum member

Deputy Manager, Reading Community Welfare Rights Unit

Send message

Total Posts: 1711

Straight to HB Alice , along with the relevant evidence.

Paul_Treloar_AgeUK
forum member

Information and advice resources - Age UK

Send message

Total Posts: 3211

For information, here’s the HB guidance circular on RTI data matching. Inconsistencies of income has obviously been an issue for many, if you go to the FAQ log towards the end.

HB A1/2015

Alice SF
forum member

Send message

Hi 1964 and Paul, thank you both for your replies.  Apologies that it’s taken me a few weeks to get back to you.  I’d set up email notifications when someone replied but they don’t seem to have worked so I thought no one had answered :-(

Alice SF
forum member

Send message

Paul, that circular has really helped.  Answered a question I had on another case too so double bubble!

shawn mach
Administrator

rightsnet.org.uk

Send message

Total Posts: 3782

Alice SF - 22 February 2016 03:42 PM

Apologies that it’s taken me a few weeks to get back to you.  I’d set up email notifications when someone replied but they don’t seem to have worked so I thought no one had answered :-(

Hi Alice .. do check your registered email address @ http://www.rightsnet.org.uk/my/account (and, if that looks okay, your spam/junk folder) .... but do let us know if you still can’t get to the bottom of why you didn’t get the notification

Cheers -Shawn

Alice SF
forum member

Send message

Hi Shawn, I’ve checked and can’t see a problem.  To be fair, it was probably me forgetting to click on something!

shawn mach
Administrator

rightsnet.org.uk

Send message

Total Posts: 3782

Hi Alice - no probs .. let us know if it happens again ...

Cheers - Shawn