to

Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Disability benefits  →  Thread

PIP Assessment

Bryan R
forum member

Folkestone Welfare Union

Send message

Total Posts: 233

This morning went to a PIP assessment with a Clt. Client has Paranoid Schizophrenia. Well the assessor was a registered nurse.

Question 1: Started with his meds, so Clt thought she was going to poison them, so claimed up and started behaving very suspiciously of this strange woman.

Well I answered most of the questions as clt was now believing he was going to be poisoned.

Well got onto Planning and executing a Journey a ‘Cognitive function’ so she asked clt the question. That was it, all hell broke lose. All clt understood was execute, so they defended themselves because they thought the RN was going to kill them. Police called 5 arrive assessment abandoned - no charges brought against clt. Clt injected with liquid kosh.

I have asked for a home assessment on three occasions setting out the conditions but all to no avail. The RN has supported us by writing a letter, and she called ATOS to inform them of incident. She was lovely.

Atos really do know how to make things difficult, for clts and subcontracted staff. Whose says being a WELF isn’t eventful.

forum member

Deputy Manager, Reading Community Welfare Rights Unit

Send message

Total Posts: 1711

Blimey, Bryan, have to say I would rather like to have been a fly on the wall for that one!

I’m so glad the RN called ATOS. I really think a full-blown complaint would be in order in view of the distress caused to the client by forcing him to attend a face to face assessment (or, indeed, an assessment at all in view of the nature of his condition). There has to be an equalities issue in there somewhere surely?