Search options

Where

Benefit

Jurisdiction

Jurisdiction

From

to

Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Other benefit issues  →  Thread

Funeral Payments - (Surely this isn’t right)

Clarkie82
forum member

Financial Inclusion Team, New Charter Housing Trust, Tameside

Send message

Total Posts: 7

Bit of a rant but need some help, please.

I have received a decision about a claim made for a Funeral Payment and need some help with establishing whether the claim has been dealt with correctly, here is a brief time line;
05/10/2016 - claim for funeral payment made
10/10/2016 - Social Fund request further information to be provided by 20/10/2016 (sent second class with a second class response envelope enclosed)
18/10/2016 - Information sent to the department
22/10/2016 - Decision made as no response to the request for additional information
27/10/2016 - Department receive information (scanned from Wolverhampton)

I’m not really concerned with the decision, the Mandatory reconsideration will deal with that, she meets all the qualifying conditions, it’s more the time-frame they gave her to respond.
10 days is a very short deadline, assuming it took two or three days for her to receive the letter and then the same for the department to receive the response (with a weekend in that time) she would have had to reply before she received the letter.

Does the Social fund have equivalent Regulations as contained in the Claims and Payment Regulations (Regulation 7 Evidence and information) or am I barking up the wrong tree.