to

Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Work capability issues and ESA  →  Thread

Contacting processing centres

Benny Fitzpatrick
forum member

Welfare Rights Officer, Southway Housing Trust, Manchester

Send message

Total Posts: 628

After 30 plus mins of the dreaded Vivaldi, without any sign of an answer, I wonder if anyone knows where one could find out which processing centre deals with a particular postcode area?

I remember having this information a few years ago, but obviously information has changed.

Any suggestions (other than the useless “help” line!) would be welcome.

stevenmcavoy
forum member

Welfare rights officer - Enable Scotland

Send message

Total Posts: 871

dont think its even as simple as postcodes now as some sections seem to be dealing with things like IB to ESA transers.

easiest way i have found is to get the client to tell me where their letters are from as i speak to people scotland wide.  failing that your escalation routes might have them if you get them?  think mine are scotland specific

Sharon M
forum member

Derbyshire County Council

Send message

Total Posts: 68

Benny Fitzpatrick - 11 August 2016 12:54 PM

After 30 plus mins of the dreaded Vivaldi,

Lol.

Here are the addresses for each postal area. Not sure if this is what you wanted. No phone numbers.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/545272/new-dwp-postal-addresses.pdf

Dan_Manville
forum member

Mental health & welfare rights service - Wolverhampton City Council

Send message

Total Posts: 2262

It’s discernible from the escalation routes.

Our JSA team for instance is at Walsall whereas Wolvo looks after ESA alone.

past caring
forum member

Welfare Rights Adviser - Southwark Law Centre, Peckham

Send message

Total Posts: 1125

Dan Manville - 18 August 2016 02:41 PM

It’s discernible from the escalation routes.

To an extent.

The majority of our ESA was with Stratford until 25/7/2016 - now Startford is no longer handling ESA at all and their claims been farmed out to other BCs across the UK. I’ve got some with Stockton, some with Hanley, some with Glasgow and some Greenock.

Stratford *apparently* had no idea this was coming, because their escalation points made no mention of what was about to happen when I was calling them about existing delays the day before they stopped handling ESA.

[And whilst posting this I’ve had a call back from Stockton to tell me now that they’ve dealt with a particular claim passed to them from Stratford, it’s moving over to Basildon, because they’re only dealing with Stratford’s backlog…..]

Mike Hughes
forum member

Senior welfare rights officer - Salford City Council Welfare Rights Service

Send message

Total Posts: 3138

And none of the above takes into account the extra layer of confusion created by centres reaching “capacity” and their work being farmed out to another centre at short notice!