to

Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Work capability issues and ESA  →  Thread

Still waiting on medical .....

FIT Advisor
forum member

benefit advice officer, three rivers housing association, co durham

Send message

Total Posts: 144

Have a client who exhausted 365 days of contribution based ESA last September, not entitled to income related.  Paid at the assessment rate throughout. Has contacted ATOS every 2 weeks, advised all information there, just waiting to be offered appointment. Is on new treatment and if it improves condition may return to work soon which will end the claim and any chance to have a decision on WRAG or Support Group with arrears of benefit released.

Has formally complained to DWP., has not resulted in any change so your suggestions welcomed.

Ben E Fitz
forum member

Welfare Benefits Caseworker, Manchester CAB Manchester

Send message

Total Posts: 162

Escalate via MP?

Usually gets results in this neck of the woods.

Daphne
Administrator

rightsnet writer / editor

Send message

Total Posts: 3549

I’ve escalated via ATOS complaints too - http://www.atoshealthcare.com/claimants/our_customer_charter - you can do very quickly online and I got a very quick response recently in similar circumstances - cont ESA ending and no entitlement to ir ESA unless in support group (although she was already in WRAG) and a medical within about 2 weeks (I had also already complained to DWP and I highlighted this when I complained - they had allegedly asked for a fast track from Atos)

FIT Advisor
forum member

benefit advice officer, three rivers housing association, co durham

Send message

Total Posts: 144

Thanks Daphne…really useful advice 😊

Edmund Shepherd
forum member

Tenancy Income, Royal Borough of Greenwich, London

Send message

Total Posts: 508

I second the view on complaints. It usually does the trick. Tell DWP too, as Atos sometimes refuse to prioritise unless DWP directs it.