Organisation: Citizens Advice in West Sussex
37 hours per week
£28,000 to £31,000
Location: Flexible within the different offices across West Sussex
Deadline: 21 August, 2020
An exciting opportunity has arisen in our organisation as Money Advice Supervisor, allowing you to be part of something amazing supporting a charity with the supervision of the money advice team in raising quality of debt advice across the region. Ensuring compliance with performance targets and quality standards. If you would like to be part of an organisation making a difference to people’s lives we would love to hear from you.
- Paid annual leave (+ bank holidays)
- Company Sick Pay (Qualifying period required)
- Company pension scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Flexible employer sensitive to the needs of today’s workforce
- Commitment to continued professional development
- Working for a locally focused charity dedicated to assisting and empowering the community, and helping influence changes to government policy
- To support the supervision of the money advice team in raising quality of debt advice across the region ensuring compliance with performance targets and quality standards.
- To conduct file reviews and observation of practice to ensure consistent service delivery, achievement of quality thresholds and inform planning of support initiatives.
- Identify, develop and support the implementation of a range of debt avoidance and management initiatives.
- To support the provision of an effective and efficient specialist Money Advice Self Help and Casework service.
- To oversee and ensure a needs-led approach, with appropriate pathway allocation in terms of channel, solution, timespan, capability or vulnerability.
- To provide/update performance management and KPI reports as required by the Project Lead.
- To monitor monthly performance, demonstrate beneficial outcomes for clients and take appropriate and consistent remedial action where required.
- To manage complaints in line with documented procedures and to escalate to project lead when necessary.
- Accredited member of the Institute of Money Advisers and hold the Certificate in Money Advice Practice or Equivalent.
- Have 2 years or more experience in delivering Money Advice including specialist debt casework delivered through a money and pensions service debt advice contract.
- Experience of working within the Money and Pensions Service Quality Framework and Debt Advice Peer Assessment.
- Experience of delivering debt advice through different channels – telephone, digital, face-to-face including outreach locations.
- Have achieved the MaPS competency requirements for a Money Advice Supervisor (or be working towards) and have experience of monitoring casework for quality.
- Excellent customer service and engagement skills with an understanding of the issues involved in interviewing clients.
- Experience of giving specialist debt/money advice dealing with Informal arrangements, IVA’s, DRO’s, Bankruptcy, medical write-offs and complex debt enquires.
- Ability to plan and organise own work, effective written communication skills, negotiation skills, can prepare reviews, reports and meet deadlines under pressure. Numerate and literate to a level required by the role.
Citizens Advice in West Sussex (North, South, East) (CAWS) is a registered charity and part of the national Citizens Advice Network. We operate with the twin aims of the Citizens Advice service; providing advice people need for the problems they face and working to improve the policies and practices that affect people’s lives. The service we provide is free, independent, confidential and impartial advice to everyone on their rights and responsibilities. We value diversity, promote equality and challenge discrimination.
CAWS delivers a range of advice services, funded by local and national contracts. It works in partnership with a range of stakeholders (including the local authority, Macmillan, Shelter, the Probation Service and various Housing Associations)
Citizens Advice experience is not a requirement for this post although an understanding of the service is desirable
To apply please visit:
Please use the person specification found within the Job pack to guide your responses in the application form.
Location: Flexible within the different offices across West Sussex and opportunity to work from home
Hours: 37 hours per week
Salary: £28 - £31,000 per annum, depending on experience
Contract type: Fixed-term for a period of 2 years, likely to extend beyond, awaiting confirmation.
Closing Date: 9 am, 21 August 2020
Interview Date: 28 August 2020